Fiat Boo, I need your help

Currently reading:
Fiat Boo, I need your help

D

Darran

Afternoon all,

A friend of mine is undertaking a silly venture in the name of "Charity" and driving 5000 miles from the UK to Kazakhstan with the vague aim of watching England play Kazakhstan away on June 6th in Almaty.

The rally is called London to Tashkent and there's more information on their website www.londontashkent.com
However:
First off its not a rally.
Second off it will not be leaving London, nor is it heading for Tashkent. :wink:

As part of this he needs a vehicle to make the trip, however, there are rules...
The car must be a banger/clapped out wreck/vehicle approaching retirement with a vague face value of £100
The car can then be tuned, tweaked (or more likely, repaired) at any (reasonable) additional cost.
At the end of the trip, the car will be donated to charity in Kyrgyzstan.

As such he's looking for something that can survive such a trip (i.e. not break down en route to Dover!) has a decent sized engine yet still retain a bit of banger charmpossibly something older than 10 years so Peugeots, Volvos, Toyotas, Beemers, Mercs, etc, etc are all on the cards; an Audi 80 would be their dream machine!

He is having a nightmare finding anything at the moment, so I thought I'd put the feelers out for him and request your help! Does anyone have, or know of where we can get, anything that will make the trip? Bear in mind the majority of it will be on un-tarmaced roads, so it needs to be fairly sturdy!

If anyone can help, or has any ideas, feel free to post them below or PM me and I'll pass them on.

Thanks in advance,
Darran

I will part with nothing.

Edit: Only logged in registered BOO members may post items for sale on this forum. Thanks.

Am I missing something, or am I the only one confused (and somewhat troubled) by this part of the original post...

"The rally is called London to Tashkent and there's more information on their website www.londontashkent.com
However:
First off its not a rally.
Second off it will not be leaving London, nor is it heading for Tashkent.
:wink: "

???

Rob

Mk.2 Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX - Bigger IS better ! ;)

Thought it was just me Roberto. I know I'm tired but that made no sense.

It sounds like someone wants to drive a long way in a cheap car to watch a football game...why come to FIAT Boo? :)

Also, what's the odds on of a 'cheap' boo making it out of England? If it's cheap there are probably problems with it. And we all know about Fiat electrics ...................