Intermittent Engine warning light..

Currently reading:
Intermittent Engine warning light..

L

Lemon

Hi Guys

when i switch my car in the morning..the idle is not as smooth..possibly becasue its cold???

its slightly a bit more noisy but the revmeter remains the same..

of i drive off without makign the car idle smoothly..then it kind of jerks and struggles to move fast in gears>>>
i guess this is the warning light coming on for this..but bloody thing is intermittent which means garages cant help wither>>

check ur map sensor, i had this for ages, i thought it was only because it was cold, but i changed my map and its fine now

ShaunCowhats.gif

She's a monster soon to be revealed :)

If they didnt want it stripping they shouldnt of give me nuts and bolts :)

its been liek 10 months
not that long..but it was a full service..
everything else seems ok..

when starting car from cold

you normally get a smooth idle process

but although is not revving erractically the idle isnt exactly smooth to start with
but gets smooth after 30 seconds..quicker if you rev (but you really shouldnt do this)

however i beleive this is linked ot the engien light..but as its intermittent you can understand my frustration..

yer as above..When i start mine for 1st time ervy day,it revs to 1.5 for a while to warm itself up say bout 30 secs to a min,then once it is settled it calms itself down to 0.8k and idles nicely.I neva set off straight away.

If yours aint calmin itself down after a min then u prob have got a problem.

cheers Mike

although its cold that seems to be linked however it really shouldnt happen in my book.s