sorted my abs problem

Currently reading:
sorted my abs problem

A

andy

i finally today have managed to sort out my abs as both the abs light and the handbrake light would come on randomly and then most of the time go out if i restarted the engine apparently fiat have said that its a comon problem with the kelsey hayes pump.

so i sought a replaced second hand pump as fiat wanted approx £1000 plus vat for one(way to dear)they said that from 99 mk2 the pumps are made in 2 parts 1 the pump and 2 the ecu all earlier models its a sealed unit so i was told but the later ones can be split. so i got myself a real bargain of ebay for a replacement for £20 including delivery yes thats £20 no where near £1000 that fiat wanted and then removed the ecu part from my pump after removing the battery earth and then set about removing it from the one i purchased and put it on my pump and bolt it all back together the ecu is held on by 4 hex type screws then plug it back in then replaced the earth lead and then started the car and now both lights go out as they should and do not come back on again so job done

so if any of you have both abs and handbrake lights that come on its more than likely to be the ecu on the abs pump and not one of the sensors

thanks for everyones help in identifying the problem with the abs

cheers andy

Image0691-1.jpg

BIGGER IS DEFINATELY BETTER

02 plate marea weekend 100sx
current mileage:39200
status:running great no more abs & ebd lights YIPPEE & oil and filter done as well also new cambelt less than 100 miles ago

previously known as: andy_brava_elx

Excellent...... now to find me an abs ecu.... i have had this prob for ages however i have no abs light what so ever.....