Rear suspension replacement

Currently reading:
Rear suspension replacement

E

Ed

Hi Guys,

I need to replace my rear shocks as a matter of urgency as the rear right shock has gone.

I'm going to replace with kyb gas shocks and swap the springs over to some new standard springs prior to doing the same on the front.

Other than the shock and spring what else do i need to replace - i've seen a bush and bearing kit for £18.94 ex vat and not taking into account club dicount. Would it be a good idea to do that on both sides too?

Cheers,

Ed

P.S. i know we talked about this andy but i have a fairly shocking memory and can't remember what we said!

Ed

Dont bother with all that mate it takeS no more than half hour to do shocks and springs put the rear on stands wheels off and then undo the bottom bolt on the shocks both N/S and O/S whack the bolt out you should be able to wiggle the springs out then.... top bolt is a tad bit harder to reach on O/S you will need an extension on your socket be sure not to drop bolt in chassi when extracting it.....

new.jpg

If heaven is a place on earth why is it such a hell of a place to live.
Oh and dont pee on hot coals it smells.....so i have heard!

Ed, will give you a bell in about 45 mins if thats ok? will be on the road then and can talk you through it quick, just dont forget!

Andy_sx

a good little tool for replacing the top bolts in the rear shocks is one of those powerful telescopic magnets: Karl. Has your coolant level settled?. Been in USA for the last month but managed to get on a couple of times