OT can a PC run 12v to run off a car battery?

Currently reading:
OT can a PC run 12v to run off a car battery?

D

donnylad

im thinking of putting a media centre in my car this time instead of a head unit and also a ps2 but instead of just slapping them in remove the CD tray and put that somewhere else and just extend the wires,

i did this with an old pc but it was on my desk at home but thats not nearly half as complicated i should imagine, is it a case of following every wire back to the things or will it require more?

calvert.jpg

LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG

I think Smee had a pc in his brava!

have you done a search?

yeah it just kept turning up pc problems lol

calvert.jpg

LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG

NO.

You use a inverter to convert the cars 12-13v DC to about 220-240V AC to run a pc in-car

One of these is what you need

Have you ever heard of Google btw?

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4
& now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

gatso.gif

yeah but im bored and would rathe ask on here lol, i only asked cos i dint want loadsa stuff behind the dash etc or under the seat

chears

you can get 12v -12 v PSu's specially designed for in car use, i have one for my shuttle cost about £150 though. Inverter is an easy route, make sure you get one powerful enough 150W is unlikely to do the job, 300w will be fine unless you plan on multiple drives and a high end GPU.

I've run in car PC using both feel free to PM me

Got one in mine too. Invest in a proper 12v psu, dont try and use a converter.

a pc powerpack turns 240-12v and i think there is a way of powering a computer from a car battery by bypassing the powerpack

i thought about not using a powerpack and just coming straight from the battery at first but i aint to botherd about setting fire to the car lol, ill mail ya sometime today jay chears

lol didnt think it was that easy lolwhat do you think i should use?

a satalite pc that i have thats got a 60g hdd but only 32mb ramm or should i build one?

whats the crack with the amp 2? how do i amp the system up?

PC incar for media--Power Supply

Why dont you buy one of dem portable Hard Drive Media Players ??? They run off a 12v P/s , have remote control , and you can output to your amps via phono output , and connx to an LCD dash monitor. Not really that difficult, and would be quite cost effective

sorry did you say 32Mb RAM?

you dont need an inverter, you need a hamster in a wheel!

1.gif

lol i know its bad eah, thats all they were running in the building society where it came from lol