Back wiper- Remove or replace.

Currently reading:
Back wiper- Remove or replace.

M

Mouna

Hi Guys,

Hope you all had a blinding christmas!

I need some advice, My back windscreen wiper has been snapped off for the second time plus it doesnt even work so , should I replace it or remove the whole bolt?

It looks really ratty with just the bolt sticking out with the broken bits round it and was looking thorugh the old posts to see if anyone has flushed it off to look smooth.

Can anyone help ?

Cheers Guys

Mouna

if it dont work and you aint to botherd about it working i would just take it out, im sure its the citroen ax bung that will fit it.

take the motor out and try and find a large enough blanking grommet.
i bodged togeter a grommet using a citroen ax bung.

Hey Guys,

Thankd for this, yeah im not bothered about it working too much cos I know it will cost more to fix the motor and all that . Does anyone have a guide on how to remove the old bolt thats broken ?

Mouna

open the boot and unscrew all the scres on the back of the boot lid.

the platic will still be in place because it is heald with plastic things, firmly but gently pull the platic part off. you will then see the wiper motor unscrew the screws and it will pull out.

fill the hole in the rear windscreen with a blanking gromment or the like. and then put the plastic inner boot sckin back on, and put the screws back in.

jobs a good'un

hope that helps.

Cal

Callum , your a diamond ill give this a go this week and see how I get on .

Cheers

Moouna

i have a working wiper motor spare if ud like to email me?

rascalsig.jpg

I agree it does look good from looking at your picture . Thanks for the offer about the motor Rascal but what with the number of times the wiper has been broken off knowing my luck ill fit ur new motor then the b****ds will break it off again !!!

Maxim what did you use the cover up the hole in the end ?

Mouna

I used a large blanking grommet first time around but this disintegrated over time. Its now covered with a small circle of blick vinyl

vinyl? isn't that the stuff GAFFA TAPE is made of? hmmm.. lol

i'd say dewiper. a bit of rain-X on the back window and you needn't be too concerned with having a wiper. It is handy in winter to clean the salt and stuff, but its a very small price to pay for a smoother rounder butt ;)

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4
& now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

gatso.gif

Blick Vinyl? Looks like I went all South African for a mo :)
Not quite the gaffa tape stuff - cut vinyl (same as the boo sticker stuff)
Not the clearest pic in the world but ya get the idea
11.jpg