Semi-OT Peugeot overheating...

Currently reading:
Semi-OT Peugeot overheating...

E

Ed

Hi,

so, as title my temporary car seems to be overheating despite having lots of water in (well it did have, now it's overboiled...)

How many different reasons are there for it to be overheating, bearing in mind the fan does appear to work.
When it overheated i stopped and looked in the oil cap and saw a creamy looking liquid on it so i thought maybe head gasket. But when i got home filled her up with water and checked the fan operation, and she overheated again and i looked at the underneath of the oil cap, there was no residue to be seen?!?

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers,

Ed

what the in car heater?

yeah it seems to be working. Might i ask what difference that makes? my car knowledge is limited.

i was gunna sugest heater matrix but seeing as ure heater works then i wouldnt think it was that, it could just be elecrticle seeing as it is french after all lol

sos mate that i wasnt anymore help.

No heat means its airlocked which is a cause of overheating. But a duff heater matrix won't stop the heater working or cause overheating.

ok, i've just been down and put the car on, it heated up (i didn't let it overheat) and i was wrong earlier i didn't do a proper test, the internal heater does NOT appear to work. Also, while i have seen the car fan working earlier today, it didn't appear to come on just then.

it knacked my old gti 6 up but that could have been allsorts other than that

The cooling system is full of air and the water pump can't pump it. It needs bleeding but it still doesn't answer the question how the air got there.

This car has been sat SORN for a year and a half, water needed filling when i got it home, it's probably been run with too little water in then.

Do Kwik Fit bleed radiators? i've got one v close to me and they're open sunday.

Thanks for your help mate :)

There is a bleed valve to the back left of the engine (it looks like a dust cap on a tyre) and there is one on the front right of the engine sat on the thermostat housing that is an allen key bolt that is also a bleed valve, unscrew both of these till water comes out and you should be sorted. Unless it is the head gasket gone!

Chris Judd

Image2.jpg

Carzone Kit Smoothed Into Bumpers + Colour Coded Wing Mirrors and Base Plates - 35mm Lowering Springs - Red Dot 20 Grove brake Discs - Red/Black Bucket Seats with harnesses - 17" Mille Migila Alloys - OMP Strut Brace - C&B Med ROad Cams - SuperSprint Manilfold Decat pipe - Cat Back CSC Exhaust - K&N - MTX 6.5" Components, 5 Channel JBL Amp, 15" JBL sub - Alpine Head Unit - iPod