engine seized?

Currently reading:
engine seized?

A

Allan

My son had a cylinder head gasket replaced on his Bravo about 2 weeks ago. The car didn't really run right afterwards and sounded a bit like a diesel. Then as he was coming off the dual carraigeway the engine cut out and on trying to restart it the engine will not turn over.
It was suggested that the starter motor had jammed and he got a local mechanic to look at it.
He said he suspects the camshaft has seized and stated that the gasket could be fitted the wrong way round, starving the cams of oil. He said he knows of a mechanic of 25 years experience doing this once.
On contacting the man who did the cylinder head gasket he said it can only go one way. He is going to look at it on Monday.
Does anyone know who is right? I don't want to push for a free repair if it is an unrelated fault.

What size engine is it??

1.2 16v
1.4 12v
1.6 16v
1.8 16v
1.9 TD 75
1.9 TD 100
1.9 JTD 105
1.9 JTD 100
2.0 HGT 147
2.0 HGT 155

Did i miss any :)

style5,TommyK.png

tommytag.jpg

style5,TommyK.png

Tommy K - Have you got the Bottle!!

it must be a petrol cause he said it was sounding like a diesel so that brings it down to 6 ;)

DaveHGT.jpg

crazybunnies.gif

When removing the head make sure you take photos so that you have ammo in case it was the first guys mistake.

If it has seized it will be blindingly obvious what the cause is.

sorry I forgot to mention the engine size.
It's a 1.2.
We have to let the mechanic who worked on the cylinder head do it as the other guy is going to charge for any work done.
I just wanted to know if the gasket could be put in the wrong way. It seems a bit odd to me that it would be able to be.