Please help me identify my engine (1.2 16V)

Currently reading:
Please help me identify my engine (1.2 16V)

K

Kristian

Hi guys and gals,

I have a bravo/a engine from a breakers that I am fitting into a Seicento.

It's a 1.2 16V, I know that much, but as I don't know the donor car or its age, I haven't a clue what engine code it is for cam belts, HG sets etc.

It does have a cam sensor and it also has an alloy section between the sump and the block.

If anyone can tell me the engine code, or give me any more info I'd be most grateful :D

If you require any more details, just shout and I'll get it!

Cheers in advance :)

Kristian

Does it have a CAT just under the exhaust manifold or is it located under the car ???

Second, do you see any code on the head or on the block ???

sven3.jpg

Members Site - - - - - - - My Site

The block has the following marks:

0L2E

M657

A1

There may be more that I didn't spot though.

It came without manifolds so the CAT location is no help sadly. I have a punto mk1 inlet and tb, and a Super Sprint 1.2/1.4 Punto manifold for the exhaust.

Are there any other marks or hidden positions that aren't easy to spot?

Cheers for your help :)

Kristian

Engine number is stamped on the cylinder casing ,just below the cylinder head

cylinder casing below the cylinder head?

You mean externally visible?

You have the cylinder head and the cylinder head extension. You mean it's actually stamped on one of these?

If so I need to get my magnifier out and start hunting :) Unless you mean its internal? If so, no worries, as I will pull the head anyway. Just hoping to know the right HG set before I do so ;)

Cheers,

Kristian

Well according to haynes, the engine # for the 1.2 is stamped on the front central of the engine block. I should think externally

Can't log back in? Very odd, even check my password :confused:

However .. success (y)

I went on the hunt for the engine ID number, and found it along with the engine code.

Left of the engine from the front, beneath the exhaust manifold, on the iron block, just above the water pump outlet is a little ledge. On there is the ID number and the engine code.

Mine is rusty, and I just managed to make out the version 188A5000 (y)

The other number ends 38075* but the start is too corroded to read, wonder if that matters getting docks changed etc?

Cheers anyway guys, at least I now know what I have (y)

i shouldn't think it will matter, Why don't you try and clean it up with a wire brush on a dremel?