Replacing front lower arms (Wishbones)

Currently reading:
Replacing front lower arms (Wishbones)

B

Ben B

Any ideas how to make lining up the b@stard any easy when reassembling?! I'm having a nightmare here! I'm using two jacks and trying to shift it up and down but I can only get the short (outermost) bolts to reach!

Ben B

I'm also now on myspace

re

long time since i looked at abravo, is this on the roll bar though?

jack both sides of the car up so its level?

Re: Halfway through replacing front lower arms...help!

Yes, you have to have both wheels off the floor and the car on axle stands. I have never had a problem with this

Bo**ocks!

I wish I'd known that before I did mine in the summer, it would have made life much easier. ;)

Fantastic guys! Thanks! So so so much easier when both sides of the car are the same level! I wouldn't have thought it would have made the difference it did!

Ben B

I'm also now on myspace

Well I finished the job, wasn't a walk in the park, but there was nothing more technical than levering and forcing stuff until it lined up, with two jacks, a crowbar and a g-clamp!
My tips if anyone finds this post searching in the future when their need doing are:

• Don't pay £75 a side from fiat, go to http://www.buypartsby.co.uk and pay less than £15 a side!

• Jack both sides of the car up so it's level

• Undo the anti-roll bar from both sides so it's easier to ease out of the way.

• Use a second jack when lining up the new one, to move it about until all bolts are lined up.

• Leave all bolts loose until all are located.

• I used a crowbar and a G-clamp to get the furthest bolts down into position so the bolts would go in.

Just thought that lot may be usefull, as more and more Bravo owners are understandably going to need to change their lower arms (wishbones) as Bravo's get older.

Does snyone know if it's easy to buy new bushes for the Anti-Roll bars, where they join the wishbones?

Ben B

I'm also now on myspace

re

dunno, but it does show you how much your anti roll bar does when your rolling into corners etc.

I got new drop-links, drop-link bushes and ARB bushes from shop4parts.co.uk. can't quite remember the price but they weren't extortionate.

Danny