Thinking (just Thinking) about maybe selling the Bravo

Currently reading:
Thinking (just Thinking) about maybe selling the Bravo

B

Ben B

Dont take me too seriously, cos I'm always saying this to myself, but after 4 years of Bravo ownership (and loving every minute of it!) I kinda fancy a change, and maybe something that comes across a bit classier.

I was thinking maybe going the VAG route, either a Mk4 Golf (but there's just soooo many of them around) a Seat Leon (But the non-Cupra versions look rubbish!) or perhaps an Alfa 147.
Looking around you can get quite a nice 2002 allbeit 1.6 for under £4K
Whatever I get I'd be 'personalising' of course, but with subtlety in mind.

Any opinions on these?

I'm probably all talk tbh, all I have to do is give the Bravo a good clean and I'l be back in love with her again! I couldn't be more happy with how it drives and how it looks, I'd just like something newer with more toys and a bit more distinction.

An Alfa 147! Actually off ebay (Do a search and when nothing comes up add it to favourite searches so you get an email on the rare occasion one gets listed!) Have a look at the Bravo guide, under modding.

Ben B

ben...

i know what you mean about thinking of getting a new car as i'm at that stage too...

i've had a few problems with mine recently and really wanted to get rid, but now she's fixed and runing as well as ever and a full clean inside and out and i am going to keep her until at least Feb now...

the thing with your car is, that you will be gutted when someone tells you how much they'd give you for it. yours is one of if not the best looking bravo i know, everything you've done to it has class. whether you can swallow the amount you'll be offered for her i don't know? but i do agree with you, when you feel like you do and it's time to move on to something a bit newer and with more toys - it's time to do something about it.

alfa 147 sounds good, not much of a change from a bravo in terms of shape, style, italian etc - have a look around but prepare to be :( when you find out what you'll get for her...

I went through the same stage last year. I cant really leave this place and ended up buying another Bravo :)
Lets face it they are fun to drive and still look sexy 10 years down the line. A classic in the making I believe

rather than get a mk4 golf, why not get either a VW Bora, or a slightly bigger Skoda Octavia?
Golfs are dull imo, and everyone has them...

i made the move from fiat to vw, got a mk4 golf gt tdi and i have to say i havent stopped regretting it yet, id stick with the bravo... the saying is true, if it aint broke, dont fix it. if youre happy with the bravo, dont go hunting just to 'better' yourself, it has a nasty habit of biting you in the rear end. i wanted a bora and tbh if i had the option, i would always go for a bora, talk to IAN, his tdi bora is in mint condition and you get a lot of vw for your money. personally wouldnt touch the leon as i dont really like the look of theml.

style7Eshrules-spc-Brava.png

get a vag diesel TRUST ME!!!!

ibiza cupras u can get for 8k ish now a few years old but engines go for ever

Smee

I totally understand where your at Ben and it always pisses me off when people put down fiats, if it had a bmw or similiar badge on it everyone would think its a classy expensive car.

You car is nice and it comes down to what you can afford, imo you will spend £4k but you wont get £4ks worth more vehicle.

Falls down to your priorities really, if the money side of things isnt much of an issue then you might aswell move on and i would say get a gt tdi mk4 golf. yes they are boring but with the right touches look really good, as with all golfs, i love vws and looking for a shed mk1/ mk2 to do up over the summer, want to make it mint and a sleeper with a vr6 or 1.8t depending what comes up for what price.

If you could afford it get a leon cupa d, very nice imo.

but if you will be pushing yourself finacially to get a new car, dont, your car is nice example of a bravo and nice car in general, all you will do is get a nice car thats newer and cost you more.

my oppinion

2xHLX owner,3xHGT, (then the darkside) 1xCoupe20vt now the proud owner of a Black Coupe20vt LE!

paul there is a mk 2 or 3 where i live for 600 notes my mate saw it ill ask him

Smee

Well I do already have the mk1 Caddy Pickup to satisfy my dudding needs a little bit, but I was thinking very stongly about a MK4 Golf TDI or Seat Leon (I prefer Leons to Ibizas)

The Golf is so so common, but we all know what a little touch of OEM+ can do, little touches and lovely wheels.

ith the Leon my problem is the non-Cupra modles are dull OAP cars,(Until the more recent ones where more of the lesser models were given sportier bumpers) So my thinking was get a 2001 or so TDI (cheaper) and fit better bumpers. Problem with that is, by the time I invest in wheels and bumpers I may as well have bought a Cupra!

when u say cupra i guess u mean cupra R?

cos there isnt much difference between the rest of them.

as for parts ur right u might aswell of bought a cupra r unless u do something totally differnet

Smee

I was thinking same as you at one point, Ben.

I agree with Golfs being all too common, and also much prefer the Leon to the Ibizas, and the standard Leon is rather...ugly - though there's something about them i still rather like, and was considering one not too long ago.

I'd say to stick with the Bravo till she gives up on you, or till a car comes along which you just must have (if you know what i mean) - whichever comes first. I felt the latter about my Bravo, and is the reason i'm getting yet another instead of moving onto something else!

if your gonna go the golf route don't be silly...

mk2 for the win ;)

(hello everyone btw)

sig.jpg

Skate2create & Psykee-Lea

gotta agree with the mk2 point, there is a lot to be done with those mk2's , my brother and his fellow grease monkeys are working on a 1989 1.6, either rebuilding and re working the engine or putting a vr6 into it, if i had the choice id go for a project car, pocket money to buy and easy to put your own stamp on

style7Eshrules-spc-Brava.png

I want to upgrade to something newer, with more toys and more refinement- a mk2 golf just doesn't fit the bill!!

I've already got the Caddy to satisfy my old-rusty-banger-to-restore needs, I've had 2 mk2 golfs in the past and I don't want a 3rd!

OK I'm still thinking maybe an Alfa, as their prices are going the way of the Fiat atm! but it certainly won't be right now, maybe towards next summer!

Right now I'm working on the idea that my g/f takes the Bravo to replace her Fiesta! Dont think she's falling for it yet! I'll have to work on her some more!