General Hi not sure if this is your custom but I'll Introduce myself

Currently reading:
General Hi not sure if this is your custom but I'll Introduce myself

My names Alan and I'm situated on the most westerly point in Cumbria up norf, I have had a few panda's all sisley's up to now. The one I currently own is an 89 sisley blue with white alloys running on 155 avon M+S which seems to run as well on the Motorway as up the hills, none of this hill walking for me :) and another almost full sisley but without the chassis in the garage broke my heart to dismantle it but had no choice :mad:

Read quite a few articles so far and there appears to be a wealth of knowledge here so will be spending a while reading to see what additional info I can accumulate.

I don't think there is any part of the sisley I have not removed in the past so if I can be of any help I would like to do my bit.

One crazy Idea that I cannot get out of my head is to one day fit a lancia Y10 turbo engine in the sisley don't know if it can or can't be done but something to aim for.

I also run with some friends a BMW 7 series website so take them apart as well and hence the reason for not having as much space as I would like.

Anyway that's me.

That was quick! Ta Muchley. I love the colour and love the car, I run both the 3.5lt and 5lt V12 7 series and love them to bits but the sisley turns more heads and just is such a suprising car especially off road I just cannot get my head round the places I can get to in it.

Just been reading your restoration project WOW you are busy, I love messing with mechanicals but have no idea when it comes to bodywork you seem to have both angles covered. I'm lucky to have a good mate that is superb at bodywork not that the Sisley needs it she is in stunning nick.

Last edited:
I've seen them Dave but missed out due to work commitments, are you local then?
I'm very close to Whitehaven Helz a couple of miles south, if your ever over this way pop in for a coffee :) I was at county motors in carlisle on Thursday my daughter was picking up a new Punto, she loves the panda but couldn't get to grips with the styling of the new one so went for the 1.2 8v Punto sport instead :( , mind I did have a little go and swear that the Sisley is quicker, but just a few more rattles :) I'm planning to get the SUV when there a year or so old but the panda will be staying One of the BM's may have to go

HI Alan! Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see someone with the same colour Panda 4x4 as me!

Got Any Spare doors? Ho Ho!

...and a big welcome from me as well :D
My wife, Sandra, and I run two Siselys and a Panda 'Panda' 4x4 ... we've driven the 'best' and settled on these ! (y)

Alan.D said:
It sure is friendly here thank you all for your welcome.

That isn't a Y10 turbo in your Cinquecento is it?

Afraid not, its a bolt on turbo kit for the cinquecento 1108, not sure of any Y10 turbo powered cinquecento's or pandas really, at a guess the lack of them is probably more down to the lack of donor Y10's than the worry of fitting the engines in?

Back