Technical Major engine problems, over heating, wont start etc

Currently reading:
Technical Major engine problems, over heating, wont start etc

BrokenBravo

Hi everyone,

Fiat Bravo 1999 1.6 16 valve.

First of all the problem started 2 days ago, when my engine overheated when i was in traffic, managed to pull over with steam coming out the bonnet, i waited for it to cool down, then topped it up with water and drove home. Seemed ok!

Then the next day i drove 25 - 30 miles and it started overheating again, so i pulled over and checked the water coolant level and that was fine, so i just left the bonnet up and waited for it to cool down, then carried on. It got very hot again so i stopped at a garage.

Garage said the fan is kicking in at all, and tried to bypass it so the fan would run regardless. This worked. But as i tried to pull away from the garage the engine stalled as soon as i pressed the accelerator. I have a induction kit on and when you press the gas, it makes a massive sucking in noise ( really loud) then pops and cuts out.

Any Ideas????

The garage hooked it up to a computer, and said that loads of sensors have gone, but surely not all of them can go at once???

Managed to get it towed back home, now this morning the car wont even start ??!!

Im puzzled?

Can anyone please help me?

Will be much appreciated. Thanks everyone

Hi,

no it was hooked up at a small garage where i pulled over.

The temp on the car was fine, untill 2 days ago when this all started.
When i try and start the car, it does try for a second or so to start up then its just the starter motor making all the noise.

anymore ideas ??

thanks for the help so far tho

Overheating prob to do with the head gasket, check your water levels and if white exhaust fumes like steam or actual water come out the back. Had the same prob with a 1.1 punto.

donno about the sensors tho, not exp enough

seems weird with the sensors, usually temp gain is the headgasket or radiator.

check your head, look in the oil and see if there is a creamy white mayo type of sustance there, its hard to teel about the steam coming from exhaust if it wont start.

btw what area do you live in

Back