Technical Gearbox Leaks!

Currently reading:
Technical Gearbox Leaks!

Doblo is going into dealer for second time to hopefully cure oil leak from gearbox. First time they supposedly removed gearbox split and resealed it. However, no joy and seems a lot worse than before.

Anyone had or heard of similar problems and cure?

Anyone know where the oil filler/level plug is located on gearbox?

Any help appreciated.

John
NottsCharger

Doblo 1.9 JTD ELX
Panda 4x4 Sisely
Rover P5B Coupe
Citroen 2cv6

it should be just a simple sump screw as found on your oil sump for your engine.

Wynns make a gearbox stop leak which I have used when repairing gearboxes and it worked fine.

I would wait and see what the dealer says, don't bother with that wynns stuff until you know what your dealing with, otherwise you may possibly invalidate your warranty (if you have any) by adding this stuff.

Well it is still under warranty, so I don't want to do anything that affects it. Still I'm now sure when the warranty period ends I'll be going to a local independent dealer in the future, apart from minor servicing which I'll do myself.

I want the gearbox sorted as I'm waiting to book the Doblo in with Angel Tuning for a Re-Map, then the fun really begins!

Cheers for the advice.

John
NottsCharger

Doblo 1.9 JTD ELX

They've already admitted its a fault by taking the gearbox out once already. No I'm hopeful they'll sort it eventually, its just an inconvenience, also I'm woried about running out of oil before I take it in to them!

John
NottsCharger

Back