anyone see watchdog?

Currently reading:
anyone see watchdog?

basically it turns out people have been sending off there old papre licences to replace them with photo versions.
when they got them back it turns out they had either lost there classes or been given totally different ones!!

eg one guy had a bike license but when he got it back he had lost the bike class A but now had a bus licence and they were looking at his H class rating.an H rating is for tanks!

another guy had a bike,car,PSV & HGV but got his license back with no classes on it at all! so couldnt drive anything.

DVLA is making people resit there tests for this,the guy above paid out 2k to replace his license.

if you are sending off your license then at least make a copy of it as a form of proof and check it when you get it back.they only keep your old licence for 2 months before destroying it.

and for anyone who has already changed check your classifications!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/index.shtml unfortunatly the link to this story is dead at the moment :(

Oh i was going to ask people this before. Does everyone have a erm 'buggy?' on the back of their license. I have it but none of my friends do. I passed my test before them so im thinking it was stopped before they passed? :confused: I'll look for the code for it.

EDIT: B1

oh wow iw would love to be licecned to drive a tank

bye bye bMW snob

bye ugly ford focus

protect the fiats hahahahahahah

Cheers custard, sad about Bulldog i always thought they were good!

Was wondering if anything about B&Q fiasco or argos.

With ref. to
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index...es.htm#The_type_of_vehicle_the_licence_covers

I'm covered for:

Cars with trailer up to 750Kg

Cars with trailer over 750Kg

Vans and lorries weighting between 3500 and 7500 kgs (including vehicles with a trailer weighing up to 750 kgs)

Any vehicle in category C1 with a trailer where the combination weighs no more than 12000 kgs (in Northern Ireland, towing a trailer weighing over 750kg with a combined weight of 1200-8250 kg for licences issued before 1 January 1997

Buses with more than 8 but fewer than 17 seats (including vehicles with a trailer weighing up to 750 kgs) provided they are not used for hire or reward

Any vehicle in category D1 with a trailer weighing more than 750 kgs where the combination weighs no more than 12000 kgs

Invalid cars

Pedestrian-controlled vehicles & Mowing machines

Electrically propelled vehicles

Mopeds

Good god, can all that be right? Including a lorry and trailer combo up to 12 metric tonnes?!?

Back