brake fluid leaking (suspect clutch slave cylinder)

Currently reading:
brake fluid leaking (suspect clutch slave cylinder)

R

rsmallwo

Hello all

I've found that when I go round a corner quickly or accelerate that my handbrake light flashes on and off, I've read on other posts that this is a signal of low brake fluid. So i've topped up the brake fluid (didn't need much) and I put my hand under the clutch slave cylinder and my hand came back up with a oily black substance on it (and some grit) which leads me to believe that the source of the leak that caused my fluid level to drop (even if only slightly) is the clutch slave cylinder.

Am I on the right track?

I will see if the handbrake light blinks back on while driving about and check the under side of the slave cylinder for more "black stuff"

Also my braking is still keen and also my gear changes are slick (except reverse)

Thanks

when mine went, it was the rubber seal that sits over the end of the cylinder, it was quite obviously torn, if you take out the battery and battery tray, you shoul be able to have a better look to see if its leaking from there.

it ight help to have someone pressurise the system by pumping the clutch and/ or brakes.

MIGHT help, not relly sure buts its a good start.