Advice re. alloy wheels

Currently reading:
Advice re. alloy wheels

mr.parmo

I want some 17" Wolfrace alloys for my HGT but am concerned about getting them as they don't come in a 98mm PCD. The place I'm buying them from reckon it's OK as they provide what they called 'bobbly bolts', which apparently allow you to fit 100mm PCD alloys as they can move slightly without shattering.

Anyone have any experience of this/comments? Advice mucxh appreciated...

97 Bravo HGT

I think Momo makes spacers which replaces / extends your hub. You mount the spacer on to your original 98 mm holes. Then your new 100 mm alloys to the new holes in the spacer. Check the offset. "Bobbly bolt" sounds scary for me...

Morten.

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by fixitagaintomorrow
Wobbly bolts - if you can picture this - have a loose collar on them which can move from side to side so the bolt's seating face will still be in the right place on the wheel, even if the bolt itself isn't exactly in the centre of the hole.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks for the reply - I've seen your car about in Middlesbrough many times, very nice. My wife had a Cinquecento Sporting for three years, until we sold it and got an MG ZR last year. We've regretted it ever since as the Cinque was a much more fun car to drive and was in great condition. I love my Bravo, but I really need to get the timing belt done in the near future unfortunately...

97 Bravo HGT

Back