sunroof blind?

Currently reading:
sunroof blind?

B

ben

hi, im sort of new to this forum i have a question regarding the sunroof on my 1.4sx,

basically, (like everything else), it makes a really annoying rattling noise. i was wondering if it should have a sliding blind? or should there be a gap betweent the roof lining and the glass?

hope that makes sense,

thanx ben.

Can't vouch for yours but my 1.2 has a sunroof blind.

I did hear on this forum once that the blinds have a habit of disappearing into the rear of the roof space when the sunroof slides back and not coming back out.

I suggest you get a torch and have a look in the gap.

they all have blinds it will be stuck down the back just force your hand down and pull it back

ashtag2.jpg

Im Driven to Earn, and I Earn to Drive......

The rattling could exist because the seal around the glass is worn and not a tight fit! My glass rattles a lot and when i close the driver or passenger door i can see the glass popping up!

You'll need a new seal around the glass! I've got a seal just haven't got round to fitting it yet as I'm too scared of the cold weather :(

My blind was retrieved from in the roof void, but it had slipped all the way back to near the boot. A long thin pointy device was needed to reach it and tease it back.

hi, thanks for the suggestions,

the rattling isnt the glass i dont think. it sees to be the metal strip that is in the gap between the headlining and the glass. will check the 'void' later on.

just have to sort out all the other rattles now :)

cheers

Back