General spacesaver / alloy

Currently reading:
General spacesaver / alloy

phil_GT

quick question for you i have a punctur eon 1 of my 16" alloys

will it be ok to put the space saver wheel on tempoarily i wont be driving the car im going to take the wheel to the garage in my other car?? just dont fancy leaving it on a jack and it falling

The space saver wheel allows you to take the car to the next place of repair or if this is impossible to a safe place, which usually home.

Otherwise it is illegal (and dangerous) to use the car with it. Having the ar stationary is permitted as long as you wish to.

If you have to drive the car remember that the space saver wheel disturbs the setup of the car, which can be in emergency situations lethal. This is the reasom why they are restricted to 50mph (not because it is cheaper to produce).

Contrary to general belief it is safer to have the space saver on the front axle than on the rear!

well its just sittin ghere while i take me wheel off for a repaire hopfully the puncture isnt near the tyre wall :| 195 45 16 arnt cheap im guessin :|

was just concernd if i ever broke down and the aa or the like couldnt put a new tyre on... with them being 16" alloys and 14" spare

Back