Using Marea (Grundig) Radio CD-in for mp3 player

Currently reading:
Using Marea (Grundig) Radio CD-in for mp3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-Buster

I have just bought an mStation - one like this http://www.ullswatersystems.co.uk/incarneo.htm - an excellent piece of kit, and I have it connected through the modulator that comes with it, however, I find the signal is a bit noisy and normal radio reception , which was never brilliant, has gone way down, with no MW or LW reception at all, probably because the aerial lead is now 10M longer than before. I want to connect it to the line in for the CD changer, but how do I trick the unit into believing there is a CD changer attached?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Q-Buster

I have worked out how to do this for myself, its really easy to do. The CD changer is normally connected to the C3 connector, the top right socket looking into the back of the unit. It has 8 pins in 3 rows, numbered as follows:

13 16 19
. 15 18
14 17 20

The bus in (pin 13) has to be connected to 12v (pin 15), now when the source button is pressed the AUX option is available. The audio is connected to Line in left - pin 19, line in right - pin 20 and Ground is pin 18. I soldered directly to the pins, fitting a double phono socket so the audio lead just plugs straight in/out.

I hope this is of some help to other members trying to get audio into their units, without resorting to using modulators or noisy tape adapters.

Q-Buster

Excellent! Now I may be able to convince my Grundig unit to listen to my MD Walkman (saves CD changers and other clutter)... :D

The Mad Professor will go and experiment...

Have a good Weekend!

[?]
Hi,

I have some problems getting the CD-option of my AD-182H2 radio working (Fiat Bravo 1996, "high power radio" version featuring CD-control).

In this early model, the cable which connects to the optional CD-player had already been installed (this seems not to be the case with later models).

So first I had to check the pins of the round grundig 8-pin Din connector (this would plug in directly to the optional Grundig CD-changer).

Using some electronic ohm / voltage meter, I got the following results (looking at the male DIN connector of the cable):
Code:
   15    13
  NC  18? 17
   19?   20?
       C

C=Chassis ground (not a pin, there seems to be some 1,5 Ohm resistance between chassis ground and pin 15 ground)
18 is probably signal ground, 19 and 20 either left or right channels (all these pins behave like capacitors)

NC seems not to be connected to anything at all

15 is Ground
16 is permanent power: + 12 V
13 is 4,96 V TTL level (CD-Bus?)
17 is ignition power:  + 12 V only if ignition is on

If I connect the TTL level signal to ground, a very small current of 1 mAh flows, the TTL level is brought down to 0 but the CD/AUX option does not become available. I hoped it would.

I did actually not try to connect the TTL level to 12 V - technically speaking, this should not make any sense it it really is a TTL level.
Maybe it is some other level, but that would be really astounding.

So, I don't know what to do now....
any suggestions?

thx
Zardo

sorry for kicking such an old topic, but i just need to get an answer to this one...
anyone got this working? dont want to kill my radio and/or whatever :p

after 3 year of endlos search, I just found the answer... to this very important question ;-))

The CD-Bus is not connected to +12V, but to ground... and it seems, one has to press "source" for at least 1-2 seconds to make it work.

Will give it a try :slayer:

after 3 year of endlos search, I just found the answer... to this very important question ;-))

The CD-Bus is not connected to +12V, but to ground... and it seems, one has to press "source" for at least 1-2 seconds to make it work.

Will give it a try :slayer:

Hava a cyber hug... :hug:

I have such a blue plug rescued from my previous Marea for just the same application. Aux input for Bunny's Bravo. Guess I'll have to buy her an MP3 player now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back