Technical Will an alloy of et49 fit a cinq?

Currently reading:
Technical Will an alloy of et49 fit a cinq?

CaneyJ

Clubcento Member
The whole thing about alloy fitments is still confusing to me. I'm looking at an alloy with a PCD of 100 which I heard is ok to fit with wobbly bolts. I know cinq et is around 30 but the alloy i'm looking at is 49. Other details are that they are 14*5.5 and come with 195/60 profile tyres.
Would this fit simply but adding 19mm spacers and are there any other issues?
I also know a sporting already comes with spacers. How big are they and what is the et without them?

Last edited:
CaneyJ said:
The whole thing about alloy fitments is still confusing to me. I'm looking at an alloy with a PCD of 100 which I heard is ok to fit with wobbly bolts. I know cinq et is around 30 but the alloy i'm looking at is 49. Other details are that they are 14*5.5 and come with 195/60 profile tyres.
Would this fit simply but adding 19mm spacers and are there any other issues?
I also know a sporting already comes with spacers. How big are they and what is the et without them?
The sproting comes as standard with 3mm spacers up front.

Yes 19mm spacers will giv ethe correct off-set of 30mm but you will not get any that size 20mm will b ethe closest and they will be costly.

Eibach available here http://wwww.motorsportworld.co.uk/
FK available here http://www.performancedriven.co.uk/shop.subcategory.asp?SubCatID=104&CatID=3 or steel ones from here
http://www.wheel-spacers.co.uk/

These are all proper hub centric spacers which means you have much less chance of wheel wooble and they are much easier to fit than the universal ones which I would. dream of using at all.
When I bought my Imola it had 6mm universal ones on it and the wheel wooble was horrible at speeds above 50mph, but with my proper hub centris ones it is no more.

Further more the GT wheels are off-set 45.5mm 14" 5 1/2" wide with 175/50 14 rubber and I run 30mm FK spacers making an off-set of 15.5mm and I have a much much more stable car and very limited rubbing on extreme cornering and thats with standard springs and Eibach lowered springs.

HTH

Aaron.

J333EVO said:
When I bought my Imola it had 6mm universal ones on it and the wheel wooble was horrible at speeds above 50mph, but with my proper hub centris ones it is no more.

now that is a gem of info..... have the spacers got rid of the wobble completely?

i neva really noticed untill a few weeks ago as it seemed to get worse, thought the wheels needed balancing :eek:

might have to pick up some hubcentric ones for the abarth then (y)

you can get huge spacers to compensate for the offset, but the problem i had on mine was that the bigger you got, the spacers wouldn't sit hub centric. the place i got my wheels fitted advised against this, as any stress in the wheel would be transferred into the bolts which could mean they shear off at some point. you'd also need much longer bolts too.

Alroy said:
you can get huge spacers to compensate for the offset, but the problem i had on mine was that the bigger you got, the spacers wouldn't sit hub centric. the place i got my wheels fitted advised against this, as any stress in the wheel would be transferred into the bolts which could mean they shear off at some point. you'd also need much longer bolts too.

actually...... when u look at gettin at least 15mm spacers each hub then FK do a spacer which is hubcentric and bolts onto the hub its self, then u use the standard wheel bolts to bolt the wheel to the spacer! which elements any of that stress.

mase said:
actually...... when u look at gettin at least 15mm spacers each hub then FK do a spacer which is hubcentric and bolts onto the hub its self, then u use the standard wheel bolts to bolt the wheel to the spacer! which elements any of that stress.

Exactly, the spacers bolt to the hubs then the wheels bolt to the spacers therefore there is no added stress.

I know someone who runs 25mm spacers on a race car as that is the biggest your alowed and has never had a failure and his car runs slicks etc etc so think how much stress that car is under compared to a road car!

And yes Mase there is no wheel wobble at all now with the proper spacers, and I knew I woudl win you over to my way of thinking in the end when it comes to spacers ;) You pays your money, you takes your chances!

Aaron.

J333EVO said:
And yes Mase there is no wheel wobble at all now with the proper spacers, and I knew I woudl win you over to my way of thinking in the end when it comes to spacers ;) You pays your money, you takes your chances!

Aaron.

lol i have to say i am impressed, there is very very little wobble on the abarth so i will hold out as i am savin for holidays in a couple of weeks, but if they make that much of a difference then i will get some 5mm ones in nov or sumtime soon!

:eek:

mase said:

that's quality, might sort out the few niggles i have with my wheels!!

will invest when i come back from holiday (y)

Back