FK ADJUSTABLE LOWERING SUSPENSION KITS

Currently reading:

N

nico

Many of you will have seen the discounts I'd managed to arrange on these adjustable kits back in February.

Most of you will no doubt be aware that I am a huge fan of these since having had them fitted to my bravo with 17s. Those of us that have had these fitted reckon they are worth every penny. Besides drastically reducing body roll, the overall ride quality after putting on 17s on too, actually improved to my amazement.

Since my recent disagreement with a traffic island, after little more than a year with mine I must sadly replace them as I bent one of the front coilovers (along with driveshaft, steering rack, sub frame, hub, two wheels, wishbone..but that's another thread!!)

Anyhoo, I am such a big fan of these not only would I be willing to pay full price for em, I am going to go for the silverline (stainless steel) version too, and ask for stiffer (100N) springs.

They are the Coilover (complete suspension) FK (German) Adjustable height (front and rear) up to 75mm drop (assuming an initial drop of approx 35mm). The adjustment using stepless threads can be made by hand (with the correct tool) once the wheel is off.

http://www.gazzella.cc/cart.php?target=product&action=view&product_id=16979&category_id=646

Here's a link to a shop for them (gives info and pic) altho I should point out that this is NOT in fact the distributor I had arranged the discounts with earlier this year. I DO JUST NEED TO CHECK I CAN STILL GET THESE DISCOUNTS!

There are in fact 5 different Coilover kits available, some with adjustable dampers.

A full range of very reasonably priced replacement parts is availble too (since FK do all - or almost all of the manufacturing themselves). Unfortunately the available spares only comprise the ones that are likely to wear out (they wont supply individual coilovers if you happen to bend one, or only wanted just the fronts!!)

HIGHSPORT COILOVER SUSPENSION KIT RRP£495
(Adjustable Height + springs and dampers 30% stiffer)

DISCOUNTS - PRICE EACH
1 SET £ 449
2-4 SETS £ 424

You must allow 80-120 on top, for fitting too if this is not something you will undertake yourself.

All these Coilover kits are subject to the 10% & 15% discounts respective to quantity ordered.

COILOVER SUSPENSION KITS RRP
(Delivery £10ish per set)
HIGH-TEC KIT 274
(Fixed 40mm Lowering + uprated pistons etc )
HIGHSPORT £505
(Adjustable Height + Shocks 30% stiffer)
KONIGSPORT £649
(Adjustable Height & Dampening - track use)
SILVERLINE £650
(As Highsport but in Stainless Steel)
SILVERLINE X £722
(As Highsport + rebound adjustment)

Other discounts they've agreed to give us..
DOME BEARINGS 25%
BUMPSTOPS 20%

Their website www.fk-automotive.com

Availability by the way is usually 2-4 weeks. Any member opting to buy on their own there after, should still get the £46 discount at least, so you're on winner regardless.

There have been quite a few of you who have since shown interest, but it's understandable if 500 is a figure just too large for some of you to justify spending on your cars suspension, so I will not be holding my breath for long.

I will be ordering mine at the latest by Wednesday if not before, so you'll need to decide pretty quick if you're guna work extra hours over the xmas hols (like I'm guna have to do) to pay for these bad bwoyz!

If seriously interested, please post your email, name, and bravo/brava/hgt/diesel, or email me direct with details ([email protected])

UPDATE ALREADY!!

Two points:

1)
This was the link I used (to show details n pic)in my original thread beginning of the year.

http://affilate.potn.com/product_info.php/cPath/1473_3207_3211_3220/products_id/1272048

They were £505 inc VAT. This price was the same as the price from the other online supplier I had approached who was willing to give further discounts.

The link I have included from Gazzelle racing above shows a price of £495 however this figure EXCludes VAT, so price inc VAT £581.

2)
HOWEVER, I have just had a reply from Lars @ Gazzelle and he has said he is willing to supply:

FK Silverline kit with 100 N springs for 546.00 + 8.00 shipping
Total GBP 554.00

This is a fantastic price - no question, and has certainly put a smile on my face (no small fete given recent events)

Re: UPDATE ALREADY!!

Also note nico linked to the HGT kit, this won't fit the 1.2-1.8. :)

Its a bit poor they won't supply replacement parts. It wouldn't kill them to supply a new casing. Oh well.

thats **** poor that they wont sell you a single shocker! that alone would put me off.... what if i was in nico's position and buggered one? certainly wouldn't pay £500 for another full set.

Internals and bits that are likely to wear out, they do do replacements for, and you can change springs and dampers (cheap too). I damaged the strut though, and for what they are, the kits don't cost much, so I aint guna complain too much at having a complete new kit. My fault at the end of the day.

Yes Tom, that link is for the hgt version but as I mentioned they do models to suit 1.2-1.8 and the diesels. So you guna raid that mattress of yours this time and treat your presious to some??

Lars says 6-8 days for em, so I'll not put on my old suspension (had considered doing this to get it back on the road) and will be ordering mine Monday :)

She could do with new shocks. but I'm currently sinking money into my other 2 cars (MGB and mini) getting them back roadworthy.

I'm just miffed that they won't sell you a strut, which is basically a tube with a bracket on the end.

that sinking feeling!

Ah well, guess I was destined to lump it for some stainless anyway, and who knows, I might have squewered my face trying to take the coilovers apart had I been able to get a spare strut, so new uns it is. Everything happens for a reason. And now I'll have stiffer springs and added bling ;)

As they said that after it got taken away to have the aligment laser checked, the hub and subframe would need replacing too (I'm supplying second hand), I duno how minor the damage is to the strut, or how they could tell.

I could barely tell to look at it that the strut was bent at all tbh, but I don't doubt the word of the mechanic. The garage did say they could try to bend it back but that they REALLY would not recommend it (I'm not telling them just how much the new ones are costing me tho, cos of course they havn't done my bill yet!)

I'm not even certain that the damage they're detecting now wasn't caused when i err, allowed my remote start to err, start the car moving without me it in one morning!! LOL

Re: that sinking feeling!

Once its bent you've stressed the metal and its probably got hairline cracks in it. Not worth the risk.

If you smacked it hard enough to bend the strut are you sure the subframe and inner wing are still straight?

Mornin Tom

I gotta replacement subframe yesterday.
Fortunately the wheel itself seemed to absorb most of the impact along with the wishbone which sheared off! But no, I can't be sure there isn't a twist elsewhere till we have another alignment check done in about 2 weeks after my new coilovers arrive :)

Meanwhile I've been contemplating some little mods to the wings. Just minor cosmetic enhancements. Not mods really. And i really should burn all that info I printed off about superchargers now, cos it'll be years before I can afford all that kit!! (Somebody shoot me please) ;)

Alrite Nico didn't get time to post the FAO up but you know im defo interested. Not sure what i'd go for yet though but do definately need a new set. let me know of any developements on the matter.

Cheers

Ryan

Bravo 98/s 1.6

mornin Ryan

Ash is after a set too, so I'm guna ask the question of Lars tomorrow. What could he supply the alloy Highsports for? With the two of you, hopefully we can still get that price of 424ish.

I tried to protect my alloy ones as much as poss but they still rusted. Rust can be cleaned off of course, and once you have got them set up just right after initially playing about with the height, you are unlikely to adjust them again. I'd still recommend the stainless for that price of 550 tho ;)

Yep no probs fella. Let us know what is said and we'll sort something out.

Ryan

just thought i would step in and say that they are worth every penny, i have a set (and i am sure i payed alot more then what nico is getting them for you) and they are the single most important mod i have done, driving on springs is simply **** in comparision!

I would now never ever lower my car with anything other then these, the ride is smooth and the handling is spot on, even with 18"s and now with 19" for some reason my car defys physics with this bad boys.

IMO i wouldnt go for the stiffer set, they arent needed (sorry nico) the basic set up just works so well!

Paul R

Oh i agree Paul.
I wouldn't recommend anyone else go for stiffer springs. If anyone else opted for the silverline too, they would get FKs std springs.

It is my brembos and the 12mm spacing of the wheels into my arches that is prompting me to go for stiffer springs to minimise the chance of rubbing, and cos I have lowered mine more than most of the others will do.

Use a tape measure between the strut top bolt holes and check they are the same as another bravo.

I may well be interested in this deal too (HGT) - what's the latest on prices?

Cheers

there THAT good.... that both nico and paul have stacked there cars on them on... PMSL

Smee

smeetag2.jpg

http://www.visionstyling.co.uk for ALL your car needs!!!

Cheeky

:) Unforunately Smee, the only blame for my mishap lies firmly with me :(

Still havn't reached other supplier yet for update see if discounts still valid. Will find out for you tomorrow hopefully.

Re: Cheeky

chattin with a friend, who bumped his NSF and damaged a shocker about 3 months ago. FK supplied him 1 complete unit, although they charged something like £170 for it. just a thought, but maybe they are taking you for a ride? not that it matters too much since you would have junked them anyway, but i know someone who might have wanted a set of coilovers like your old ones for the right price.