Technical Dash lights lit when key removed?

Currently reading:
Technical Dash lights lit when key removed?

Ok, my dad has a bit of a dodgy problem with his 52 plate Doblo, for some reason when he removes the key from the ignition, more often than not, a few warning lights appear on the dash and say on until the next time the key is inserted again.

The lights appear at random, so it's never the same warning light the next time, which is wierd.

It also appears that sometimes his CODE light comes on when engine is started and running, although it doesn't affect the operation of the car :confused: .

It has me confused, first logical choice would be to send it back to Fiat, but i would like anyone's thoughts and experiences, as i would like to resolve the problem if poss :), little electrical gremlins playing about :p

Any ideas?

brickfoot said:
Ok, my dad has a bit of a dodgy problem with his 52 plate Doblo, for some reason when he removes the key from the ignition, more often than not, a few warning lights appear on the dash and say on until the next time the key is inserted again.

The lights appear at random, so it's never the same warning light the next time, which is wierd.

It also appears that sometimes his CODE light comes on when engine is started and running, although it doesn't affect the operation of the car :confused: .

It has me confused, first logical choice would be to send it back to Fiat, but i would like anyone's thoughts and experiences, as i would like to resolve the problem if poss :), little electrical gremlins playing about :p

Any ideas?
now this wont cure it but i wanted the radio to stay on at all times so i looped the constant live in the back of radio to the ignition live.Thought that would be it but when i looked at the dash all thelights were on.Maybe similar sort of problem, but check alternator for over charging.

now this wont cure it but i wanted the radio to stay on at all times so i looped the constant live in the back of radio to the ignition live.Thought that would be it but when i looked at the dash all thelights were on.Maybe similar sort of problem, but check alternator for over charging.

Obviously the constant live was feeding back through the ignition switch,cant see the alternator affecting the dash lights,still maintain body computer problem.

Back