Why do other cars sound loud when they drive past..!!

Currently reading:
Why do other cars sound loud when they drive past..!!

A

Anonymous

Hi,
just wondered about cars when they drive past my house and you can hear the bass very loud, cos I have never got the chance to stand in my house and let someone drive my car past with the music up.... If you get my drift?

re

err, cos they are loud?

i remember i drove past a chip shop once n my mate was incside and said eveything was shakin in there lol

and i was outside a pub, and a guy cam out of a restaurant 3 buildings along and said hethought there was going to be an earth quake as my stereo was making stuff in his kitchen vibrate and it felt like the first tremors of one according to him lol.

Re: re

best way to know if your system is loud is if you can set off car alarms or like allan says bug people from a distance. esp bass as it carries a long way. go through your town with it full up see if you can get alarms to go off.

The best way to check if your stereo is loud is to give it 5 years and see how much your hearing has deteriorated!

Mark.
Council estate lad.
And proud of it!

Member of the Guild of Experienced Motorists.
travelsmall.gif

My exhaust allways set's off car alarms in multi-storey's. I dont even try too, everybody looks at me in disgust!

(here he goes again..)

i pulled up at my local motosave the other day (when my car was actually functioning properly) and instantly set off this guys MR2 alarm.
And my exhaust was supposed to be the bloody quietest you could get!

When I let the fiat mechanic take it for a drive the other week, this too was the first occasion I'd actually seen it driven by someone else. Almost wee'd my panties :)

lol i set off car alarms easy with my stereo! at donny i think my achievement of the day was setting off 5 or 6 car alarms all at once with my music lol and that was outdoors not in a multi story :)

Im Driven to Earn, and I Earn to Drive......

I've been dprived of my stereo for over 4 months now :( The tears of joy will be free-flowing when I finally get it all done, and my mule lifts the ban on my using it :)
IF that day EVER comes :(

How do you manage this guys?! I have some (rather crude) sound insulation in my door panels and I can hardly hear my stereo at all when I'm stood outside my car with the doors and windows shut. When I get in the drivers seat it's almost loud enough to make my ears bleed.

Do you have some crazy tolerance for ear splittingly loud music?

Dan