clima problem

Currently reading:
clima problem

F

francesco

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi all,
I'm the owner of a fiat bravo jtd sx, year 2002.
I've the following problem:
everytime I start the car, display says "error cli" and the same happens everytime I push the "external temperature" button. I read it can be related to a external air temperature sensor problem.
A lot of people told me it should be located on the lower side of the right external mirror (I've seen it myself on another fiat bravo mirror...), but my right mirror doesn't have any sensor below it.
more, I've another couple of mirrors for my car, but not even these have any sensor below...
Does anyone know where that sensor should be exactly located???
there can be some difference related to the fact my fiat bravo is really one of the "last sold"??
(obviously I've an automatic clima )
thanks in advance
bye francesco

not there

sounds like the problem with the sensor is......

its gone mate

disappeared

you say you have seen where it lives on another bravo of the same model, if so then yours has gone some how, hence the error message

Re: not there

Maybe someone befere you broke the mirror and changed it for one without the temperature sensor?

If U have the air con button in the car, to switch the air con on off.
Than the air con is not automatic.
The fault can be the inner temp. sensor - the one between the air con button and the circular air button.
Just slam it a little bit whit your hand and see.
Other than that, I dont know where the sensor for the out door temp is - but would like to know.

Sven

SvenJTD.jpg

As mentioned previously, the ext temp sensor should be located on the underside of your wing mirror. (little black LED size/shape nodule)

Daz

I know but...

I knew the theoretic position of the external sensor, but it's not there!
the one located inside the car of course cannot measure external temperature...!
so, since I've an automatic clima (there is "auto" position on the switch) I'm back to the beginning: I still miss the position of the sensor.

Re: I know but...

The auto on the knob just sets the fan speed to automatic, which means it won't cut in till the temp has come up (or down) to the setting on the temp knob. At least, that's how mine works.

You have to press the 'snowflake' button to bring the air-con into play then set your climate to your liking and the auto fan keeps the temp in the car to your taste.

As far as I know, the outside sensor is for the readout on the mileometer which shows when you press the right hand button of the 4 where the fog switches are, and it goes back to mileage after so many seconds. (Just tells you the outside temp and automatically flashes the temp when it drops below 3 centigrade to warn of ice.)

Considering you are from Italy, the sensor is in the outside mirror on your passenger side.
When U look the down side of it, U will see 2 screws and a hole (there is no hole on the driver side) in this hole is the sensor.
DSC00699.jpg

And when U disconnect the connector under this cower,
666.jpg

U will get Error Clim on the display.
So check your connection under the cover first.

Sven

The sensor for on the Italian market cars is moved in side the mirror, cos. of the sun.
That is what I have been told - and the pics prove it, I drive a Bravo from Italy.

sven

inside...?

ok, but I've not electrical mirrors and there is not connector coming out from the right mirror.
still there is the connector coming from the internal side, but it is actually unplugged.
tx for pictures, I knew where sensor suppose to be, but neither my car mirrors, nor the other coupleI own, which are electrical, have it.
Do the mirror itself suppose to be electrically wormed?
there is a couple of contacts connected straigth to the back side of the mirror, but I don't think that's for temperature measurement...
I'm gonna post pictures of it, that's better...

inside...?

ok, but I've not electrical mirrors and there is not connector coming out from the right mirror.
still there is the connector coming from the internal side, but it is actually unplugged.
tx for pictures, I knew where sensor suppose to be, but neither my car mirrors, nor the other coupleI own, which are electrical, have it.
Do the mirror itself suppose to be electrically wormed?
there is a couple of contacts connected straigth to the back side of the mirror, but I don't think that's for temperature measurement...
I'm gonna post pictures of it, that's better...

Re: inside...?

Even if you dont have elec. mirors, there should be a connector for the sensor, I think.
It would be better if U could post some pics. Then I can tell U more.

sven

Re: inside...?

+ the mirrors arent heated, they are elec. adjustable.

sven

pictures!!

as you can see, no sensor on the lower side, but there are internal contacts to something in the mirror itself.
is it a new kind of sensor???
1117718703.JPG
1117718691.JPG
1117718679.JPG

Re: pictures!!

I cant tell for sure, but think the sensor is either glued to the mirror
1.jpg

Or hidden in here.
2.jpg

Either way, the best thing would be to take it to fiat or fiat parts seller like so and ask where/what the temp sensor is.

sven

I don't think...

I don't think;
I think the 2 contacts in the mirror are for worming it up (wormed mirrors do exist for fiat bravo...), while the other 3 existing wires are for electrical motors, so there would be no wire for the sensor if it was in the other position you wrote as possible...

Re: I don't think...

Just looked at the wire diagram and the wires for the
elec. mirrors are:
Blue - red
Sky blue - yellow
Grey - red

for the heating:
black
Brown - black

So if U have only these wires on both sides of the connector under the cover I mentioned up.
Than the sensor isnt positioned there.
If U have additional wires on the door side of the connector (the one that comes from the door)
Than the mirror was changed, and it was changed for one whit no air con sensor - for a bravo/a that comes widouth air con

sven

I've only those colors...

colors are the ones you wrote.
so you say sensor is not located there...
I would not care so much if my clima would work fine, but it isn't, so I'm back to the beginning:
where is the sensor??
tx to all

no sensor at all??

more: there are no addictional wires on the car side of the connector...!

Re: no sensor at all??

Check the connector on the other side:

elec. mirror
violet - white
sky blue - yellow
white - red

heating:
black
brown - black

If there isnt any additional wires.
I really donk know - U must contact fiat then and ask.

sven