General Ben R's Beauty Parlour

Currently reading:
General Ben R's Beauty Parlour

Formula

Stilo+tin of Hammered Silver Grey Hammerite+sunny day+services of good friend =
cleaning off+short stir of paint+two coats applied within 1 hour+very happy yours truly. :D

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 54
  • PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 92
  • PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    789 KB · Views: 42
  • PICT0007.jpg
    PICT0007.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 33
  • PICT0008.jpg
    PICT0008.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 53
  • PICT0009.jpg
    PICT0009.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 25
  • PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 25
  • PICT0015a.jpg
    PICT0015a.jpg
    732.6 KB · Views: 30
  • PICT0018.jpg
    PICT0018.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 54
  • PICT0021A.jpg
    PICT0021A.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 44
I want to do the same with mine at some point ben :D Getting rid of the red one's and getting them done another colour, I think.... Also The rear drums need a touch up on mine.

I think I will probably get black, what do you think?

yes joe, add MORE black to your ever growing black blob! :rolleyes:

leep them red, they match the sporting badges (and the now defunct rear lights!!)

I want to paint my front calipers too but i'm doubtful between painting them red or yellow (my car is Imola yellow), what would you guys sugest (other colours also permitted). Also, what about painthing the rear calipers??? Do they meke the rear brakes look a bit tiny or does it look ok?? What about the overall look, better front and rear or only front??

It all depends on what wheels you have TBH. My calipers are not too noticable now with the new wheels on, so you really don't see how small the back caliper is. Obviously the brighter the paint that you use, the more they will stand out.

Yellow Stilo's are very sporty looking so I would go with red.

Stilo Multijet 140bhp said:
I want to paint my front calipers too but i'm doubtful between painting them red or yellow (my car is Imola yellow), what would you guys sugest (other colours also permitted). Also, what about painthing the rear calipers??? Do they meke the rear brakes look a bit tiny or does it look ok?? What about the overall look, better front and rear or only front??

I had all mine painted - sorry if the photos didn't make that clear. IMO they look good and improve the overall appearance. I can't see the point of only doing the front ones - only half a job and it would not have the same impact. I debated for some time (much to the chagrin of my long-suffering Wife) whether to have red to stand out or silver grey to blend in. I tried red first on one caliper and for me it did not work at all on my car. No insult intended to those with red calipers :eek: On Mike Norton's Jet Blue Stilo the red does look great and on Joecinq's Black Cinq. My Wife Michelle suggested that I painted all 4 calipers different colours. :rolleyes: I totally ignored that very helpful suggestion and proceeded with the Hammered Silver Grey. :D

Colour also depends on your wheels and their colour. Stilo Multijet - if you have silver Fiat 17"s then personally I would go for matching the Imola Yellow bodywork as KoA did very successfully on his Abarth. Red is a loud colour and on an already comparatively noticeable colour like yellow IMO it would be too much. In the end though it depends entirely on your own tastes and what effect you are trying to create.

Hope to see some photos when you have done the deed. :D

This is Nikos' Stilo. IIRC he has a Big brake converion on that, so the open wheels really show the calipers up. Yellow would look a little bit weird IMO, kinda toy like IYKWIM. No offence to anyone with yellow calipers on a yellow car :)

10316DSC00121.jpg

KoArAnG said:
This is Nikos' Stilo. IIRC he has a Big brake converion on that, so the open wheels really show the calipers up. Yellow would look a little bit weird IMO, kinda toy like IYKWIM. No offence to anyone with yellow calipers on a yellow car :)

10316DSC00121.jpg

Tell you what KoA - could you do some Photoshop magic on Nikos' photo and produce a yellow caliper? Put Stilo Multijet out of his misery - we don't want him suffering like we did! :D

I'm still learning mate - what the .... is IIRC :confused: Can't work that one out although I have seen it before. 'm sure it's going to be soooo obvious. :(

Back