Technical Few problems with punto (not sure whats wrong)

Currently reading:
Technical Few problems with punto (not sure whats wrong)

K Im having a few problems with my mk2 punto.

Its a year 2000, done 64000 miles, dont know when it was last serviced, I think it was roung the 30000 mark though.

1) Basicly when its driving along theres a bit of play in the steering wheel and when you turn it through that little bit of play either way it makes a very faint squigy noise, like hydraulic fluid or something, thats the best thing I could compare it to, its only when you turn through this little bit of play it makes the noise, any ideas what this could be?

2) Also when I press the clutch in, sometimes depending on gear etc, usually always when its sitting still though theres an audible pop or something, a kindof popping noise and you can feel a bit of a jerk through your foot or a crack, again any ideas? :confused:

3) And finally theres a noise under low speed braking kindof like a cable being pulled, or a similar noise to when you pull the handbrake on, I think its coming from the back right drum?

Its hopefully going into a garage soon to get a good look over but I need to know if these problems are dangerous incase I go a drive in it and die or something :eek:

Back