door handles

Currently reading:
door handles

H

hobbo

does anyone know how much fiat sell door handles for??need new one on drivers side,its just them plastic ones not gunna spray em,cant find owt decent at scrap yard,and also are they easy to fit???

they are easy to fit and i think about £20 odd quid from fiat. There are two bolts through the panel and one wire which operated the door. From memory you can swap the barrel by taking 3 screws out as well.

Monsieur Cynic-Al.

How long did it take to replace each handle?

I gather that the door trim will need to removed, the clear membrane that is stuck to the door, what did you reapply to maintain the seal once all the work was completed?

the door trim has to come off, prise the electric window switch out and disconnect it. there is an allen screw behind the handle, take that off to get the handle off. There are cross head screws down the front edge, along the bottom edge, up the back edge and in the middle of the door card. take them all out. the door card is clipped in at the top, pull it out and take it off. pull the top corner of plastic sheet off, swap the handle. i used either no nails or silicone sealent to stick it back, whichever was in the gun at the time, but you could use a hot melt glue gun.

to put the door card back on i wuld recommend getting the metal clips out of the top of the door and puttng them on the door card then banging them in. Then just put the screws back in.

I took about 10 mins a side so for a mere mortal I'd say 30-40 mins a side.

Thanks.

10 mins sounds like a bit of a superhuman effort.
So I'll schedule in 1 day.

Any tricky bits that need careful attention?