Full Screen Forum

Currently reading:
Full Screen Forum

What are you using now

• Total voters

Koa

Free dentistry available
I am thinking about the ideal size for my next sig and I just wanted to know what size the majority of people used for the forum display.

I have just switched to full screen mode, thanks to Sammi pointing it out and my sig along with everyone elses is actually not wide enough for optimum veiwing pleasure.

To find out what your using, go to your user CP and click on Edit options, then go down to Miscellaneous Options and under "forum skin" there will be three options to choose..

I can't see the difference between Forum Default and Forum Traditional, but if you click on Fiat Forum Traditional(full screen) it does exactly what it says on the tin.

cinq 1.4 turbo said:
Hey, didnt even know that there was a different one! :bang: What an idiot hey!?

But im using full screen now!!!

:D

Thanks.

Theresa
Hey I've been using the forum nearly a year longer than you and I didn't realise until yesterday :D But then after what happened today what can anyone expect, i'm a total idiot :cry:

Always used fullscreen for aslong as I can remember, on glorious WXGA+ widescreen ;)

But, some people may still use 800*600 screens I am guessing?

So I am presuming that the higher the resolution your using the smaller the sigs are going to be in comparison to the forum ? Any chance of a screenshot or two peeps ?

well this is 1400*1050 (do you mean the laptop paul :confused: didnt know it was wide screen, just had a lotta initails :p )

and the other is 800*600

both in full screen

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 69
  • smallscreen.JPG
    smallscreen.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Basically the resolution shows how much you can show on your screen, rather than the screen size.

A huge resolution on a small screen means everything will be nice and sharp but very small, so difficult to read, but you can fit a lot more on. A low resolution on a large screen means you can't fit a great deal on but obviously everything is larger.

For instance Koa your plasma screen, it is very large but has a fairly low resolution, without checking back, I will guess it's (for example) about 1200x800 if it is widescreen and (for example) 36". My laptop screen has a similar resolution but it's 15.4" widescreen, I actually can see as much as you on my screen but of course it's smaller and sharper, so i'd have to sit closer than you. Higher the resolution, the higher the amount of info on the screen.

Example of mine is below.

Anybody will notice it won't fit on their screen if they use a lower resolution than me, even if they had a 100ft screen. My old laptop (serin's) has a SVGA+ screen of 1400*1050 (not widescreen like I think he has said) - that means he can fit easily 2 or even 4 websites on the screen at the same time.

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 146
Serin, yours is 1400*1050 SVGA+ not widescreen (I mean the TFT, not the FF window!) my new one is 1280*800 WXGA+ widescreen. You can fit more on the screen than I can.

The Negotiator said:
Anybody will notice it won't fit on their screen if they use a lower resolution than me, even if they had a 100ft screen. My old laptop (serin's) has a SVGA+ screen of 1400*1050 (not widescreen like I think he has said) - that means he can fit easily 2 or even 4 websites on the screen at the same time.

A comparison with yours to mine...

Attachments

• screensize.jpg
    screensize.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 35
I use full screen mode but still created my sig so it fits the traditional width.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't actually use my browser maximised, I have it minimised to about the same size as 800x600 - I do this because my LCD is a 20" widescreen running in 1680x1050! :D Anyway, I minimise my browser so I can still see my desktop and view/see other programs. So, in this case, if you had a wider sig, it would just get cropped.

Similarly, I don't centre my sig either because it looks completely lost in the middle when you run your browser maximised - especially at a high screen res!

Ooh... the dilemma! :p

i never knew widescreen existed until sammi told someone else to use it in another post yesterday :eek:

I have used full-screen since the days of Snitz ;) - wouldn't have it any other way, it just winds me up too much :)

Here is a screenshot now - on 1600*1200 res :D

Attachments

• Fullscreen.JPG
    Fullscreen.JPG
    303.6 KB · Views: 30
Back