Technical few minors?

Currently reading:
Technical few minors?

mikey_b90

two questions people, im knew to this forum but so far been wicked help and u kno ure stuff, firstly ive got on order a nice little peco exhaust system (cat back) but wana get a manifold as well and just wanted to kno where the best place to get one from? secondly does anyone know where i could get hold of a HGT rear axle and sling it onto a sporting to convert it into rear discs?

how much is that new exhaust system going to set you back? £200 + fitting? and unless you uprate the intake system too, it will only give you a 5 - 10% power boost. and the noise it makes is irrelevant. i mean, whats the point in sounding good, if a granny in an old metro gta is leaving you in the dust?
And to top it off, you have to tell the insurance company, who will stick you was a FAT premium.

What is far more productive, is fitting in a long duration racing camshaft, big valves, possible port the head, and replace the throttle body with a much larger one.
The key thing is to leave on the orignal air filter, and any other external parts. and not to leave brandname parts lying around. That little lot will cost you quite a bit, but the beauty of it is that you don't have to the your insurance company, as they can't find out without spending hundreds having your engine professionaly stripped down, and even if they got your performance cam shaft stuffed up their noses, they wouldn't be able to tell it from a standard one.

The camshaft only for example, should set you back about £150, you can fit it yourself, you don't have to pay a higher premium, and you'll get about 15% power boost, and a lot more power at high revs.
Much better value for money than a exhaust system.

thats all on the cards mate but at the moment im just sorting out the cash to do all that plus i left a metro gta standing at the lights the other day and its completely standard, yeh i kno bout leaving the standard air box on but getting a pipercross panel filter as this lets more air into the engine making it run better. also sorting myself out with a manifold and superchip but the chip last as this ups the power bestwen the engine is running gd.
at the end of the day its only a 1.2 16v engine and slamming all that under the bonnet will make it go fast but wont do the engine any gd as it s not meant to handle the power, just gotta make it quicker off the mark for now.
rate ya for the advice mate, what motor u got and whats it running?

Back