Driver's door won't shut

Currently reading:
Driver's door won't shut

D

David

Well not without a real effort. Close the door and it just bounces back open. I really have slam the door and follow through with the pressure, and even doing this the car sometimes won't lock properly. The problem only occurs after I have driven the car.

Any ideas?

Re: Re: Driver's door won't shut

You may find that the inner door handle has detached from the mechanism and that the mechanism itself is jamming. Re-attaching the handle is just a matter of putting the screw back in.

If it's happening because it's cold (which it used to on mine) you'll need to copper-grease the mechanism; should solve the problem.

Don't keep slamming the door as you'll just make it worse.

Shabash!

Re: Re: Re: Driver's door won't shut

Mine did this too.

When you open the door from the inside (obviously), watch the handle when you release it; it doesn't spring back to the "closed" position. It's awkward to get at but WD40 freed the connectors, followed up by a dab of grease.

All slamming the doors does is cause the shock waves to release the handle and thereby locking th door. It's bugger all to do with the lock itself.

Good Luck.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Driver's door won't shut

Well done RR. That's my temporary fix at least. Going to try the WD40 behind the handle and around the lock later.

You've had your troubles with the Bravos and diss them, but at least you stick around to help us out.
Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Driver's door won't shut

If that doesn't work, you'll have to take the inner door skin off to lubricate teh offending connecting rods. It's a pain in the arse and fiddly, but it's a better alternative to leaving your door unlocked.

Back