Glow Plug warning light

Currently reading:
Glow Plug warning light

M

Mike

Hi - I've got a Multipla with a 105 JTD engine. Sometimes the glowplug warning light flashed for several seconds after the engine has started, and sometimes it doesn't! Any ideas what I should look for? I'm thinking it might be a failed glowplug, but that's just a guess. Thanks in advance.

HI Mike,

The handbook says"If the warning light flashes for 60 seconds after start-up or during a continuous attempt to start the engine it means that there is a problem in the glow plug pre-heating system. If the engine can be started, the car can be used as normal but you should get in touch with a Fiat dealership a.s.a.p."

Hope this helps.

Pete

HI Mike,

The handbook says"If the warning light flashes for 60 seconds after start-up or during a continuous attempt to start the engine it means that there is a problem in the glow plug pre-heating system. If the engine can be started, the car can be used as normal but you should get in touch with a Fiat dealership a.s.a.p."

Hope this helps.

Pete

HI Mike,

Hope this helps.

Pete

HI Mike,

Hope this helps.

Pete

Re: Re: Glow Plug warning light

Sorry! Trouble with my bl@@dy browser!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Glow Plug warning light

LOL

My TD100 does the same thing. Car starts everytime though. :)

Ian.