"Grigo Chrono VR 639" for stilo, hard to find???

Currently reading:
"Grigo Chrono VR 639" for stilo, hard to find???

Noticed a few chips marks this morning when getting into the stilo and thought i would treat it and buy a touch up pen, no simple task i thought. Rang around some fiat garages to get the response not a colour they have had before?! So decided to go to halfords as they have a Grigo chrono but when mixed this was more like black than chrome grey, 5hours later found a garage that can find it on the system and willing to get me some, only thing is theres a 2week wait as it has a long journey infront of it before it gets to my car....apparently. on the plus side never knew my colour was so rare, in a daft way it makes me like my stilo all the more!

Same story for me when I ordered a Steel Grey one. Took 3 weeks to come over from Italy special orrder - not kept in stock. Just as well it wasn't August. :D

The codes themselves are an ICI standard, that's why your dealer probably didn't recognise it. ;) If you had told them straight away that it was chrome grey they would've been able to sort it. I had this when trying to find Bo~Selectas colour! it's called broom yellow but the code is called giallo ginestra.

I did mention that it was chrome grey to all of them, they said that just quoting the name of the colour was no good because of different shades - thus had to quote the reference number. I didnt know that there were more than one shade of chrome grey for the stilo, or are these different colour shades just because of different batches when the car was produced?

TheCarInfrontIsA-JTD said:
I did mention that it was chrome grey to all of them, they said that just quoting the name of the colour was no good because of different shades - thus had to quote the reference number. I didnt know that there were more than one shade of chrome grey for the stilo, or are these different colour shades just because of different batches when the car was produced?

It's not so much that there are different batches it's more to do with the fact that paint fades over time even on metallics & pearls. This means you can never guarantee a perfect match no matter how close the paint looks. Also during the manufacturing process when the paint gets low it can sometimes alter the colour, mainly on metallics, as some of the colours used to make up a single colour will sink to the bottom even though car makers have vats which agitate the paint as it's sprayed.

hey all i had the same problem i eventully found that the matalic colour of my car was 653 and was totally different from the one i got told. Mines is a gringo carbon matalic and halfords sorted me out. If any 1 has trouble i recomend halfords they done a few test pots for me then i eventully found the right colour so a+++ to halfords.

Back