Technical Banking Brake Pedal

Currently reading:
Technical Banking Brake Pedal

Rich

Former FIAT Obsessive
Has anyone else got a Stilo that suffers from a banging brake pedal? Iit's only noticable after you've braked, then gone round a harsh corner. The bang is most noticable at the pedal, but also eminates in the passenger side footwell (where the other end of the brake actuation bar is).

Does anyone have any past experience of this, or any suggestions as to what it could be?

It's going into Fiat in a few days (rear subframe) - gonna get them to check it out.

Stilo 1.6 Dynamic, 5dr, 2002, Crystal Green

Can't say that I;ve noticed this. Is it a "bang" that you can feel as well as hear? Maybe worth simply asking your dealer if it's normal.

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth

I was realy worried about this problem and i was going to take a day off for this. I'm looking forward to see what your dealer is going to say about this rroope before visiting my dealer.

Andreas (CY)
Fiat Stilo 1.6 3Door Dynamic, Metallic Black, 16" Alloys, Dual Zone Climate Control, Steering Wheel Radio Buttons.

This problem is most noticabely the noise, and it seems to switch sides. You can sometimes feel it through the pedals.

I took the under-facia trim off, and looked at the bulkhead. I moved the brake pedal actuation bar from left to right and guess what, that was the noise!!! It's going in tomorrow so I'll add that to their jobsheets!

I'll let you all know what happens on Friday when I get it back (hopefully I wont be hearing the rear subframe again!!!!!!!)

Let me ask you a question rroope. The rear subframe is that "thing" that is lifted when you open the rear door and it's connected with the door with two strings? I have been reading about the rear subframe problem and i could not understand what was it.
If that's the subframe what makes it bang up and down? Have your dealer told you? Are they going to change it?

Thanx

Andreas (CY)
Fiat Stilo 1.6 3Door Dynamic, Metallic Black, 16" Alloys, Dual Zone Climate Control, Steering Wheel Radio Buttons.

hi ahatzig,
i think that the rear frame that they are talking about is related with the rear axle,maybe the "rubbers"of the axle.
bye

ALL SORTED!!!!! (touch-wood quick)
The banging is now all sorted; thankfully my local dealer seems to know what they are doing mechanically with this car.

The rear subframe is part of the suspension - thats sort of sorted now too.

Hi rroope. Nice hearing that you have all sorted out now.
Have they told you what they did to solve the breaking problem as well as the subframe problem? Have they changed anything?

Andreas (CY)

Hi.

As for the brake pedal problem, they simply said that it was fixed - this it has been, but now it is slightly noticeable when pulling away (I think this is the actaul pedal).

They said that Fiat HQ said the subframe was the modified version, so they took it all apart and regreased everything - much better noise wise, but it is still there. He did say give it a month or so to bed in.

Will report in a few weeks.

Guess what? They're both back!

The banging from the brake pedal is now noticalbe when accelerating - thankfully its gone whilst cornering.

The squeaky rear suspension is on its way back too. At least I had a week of bliss!

If they cant fix a suspension and a pedal they are useless rroope!!!In very friendly mood ill tell you to go back your car to the dealer ask to see the manager and start yelling in front of the people.Its a very sophisticated method to pay more attention to your car[}:)];)

5D 80 Fiat Stilo Dynamic Metal. Loden Green

Hi, I've had this banging too, but mine bangs intermittently, in my opinion, it's something to do with the ABS, it seems to kick in sometimes for no apparent reason. I'll keep watching to see if you get a resolve. Cheers!

This happens sometimes when you push the brake pedal and the car run over a hole its very normal if you say about this.

5D 80 Fiat Stilo Dynamic Metal. Loden Green

OK, the car went back into my local garage yesterday. They said they couldnt find the noise, but it has to go back for an "Axle Washer Recall". It's gonna go back to my other dealer for the rear subframe.

does anyone know at what speed the ABS is activated because i got thsi abnging noise to... and i dont think its the ABS... because even if i slamm the brakes doin 30km, it still stutters! i dont know...
all i know is that when ever you take your car to get fixed, somethign goes wrong
i took my car in to get the sunroof fixed, it had a mind of its own...
to cut it short, i got it back, and after not washing it for about 3 weeks, i decided to wash it... water started POURING in through the sunroof!!! through the blades, through the console... and not only did it get everything drenched... it ruined my ceiling tapestry!!![:(!][:(!][:(!]
so on tuesday its going in again...
ps. for the greeks in the forum... when you call in for a rantevu, and claim your problem... do they always get what your trying to say? like i called them in, telling them, i have problem 1,2,3,4... so on... and they only wrote down the first one, claiming that the rest will get looked at upon arrival! ive recorded this conversation on ym phone, jsut in case, cause ive realised all fiat service branches are SCUMBAGS!

GOOD FROM FAR.... but....
FAR FROM GOOD!!!!

Ok, it went back again for them to fix this problem. Apparantly, it had new "Actuators" fitted (or something like that), and that didnt cure it. They did something else to cure it - but now my f*****g fan resonates loudly when its on internal recirculation. Ive gone from [:(!] to [V]. I just want it sorted!!!!!!

Back