All FIRE engine cam specs needed

Currently reading:
All FIRE engine cam specs needed

smokeme

Established member
As the title says, i'm looking for all the cam specs for the entire FIRE engine range to create a database. So far i've been able to acquire parts of specs but nothing complete so i thought the more knowlegeable members could give me a hand on this. This is to help people looking to upgrade their cams and i have no personal interest in it, just want to make my site into a complete FIRE engine information source which is proving to be a little difficult:p

Thanks in advance;)

Hello,

The specification for the camshafts are as follows:

Punto/Seicento/Cinq 55:
Cube Capacity = 1108
Asp Valve Apertures = 7°-35°
Exhaust Valve Apertures = 37°-5°

Punto/Seicento/Cinq 60:
Cube Capacity = 1242
Asp Valve Apertures = 7°-35°
Exhaust Valve Apertures = 37°-5°

Punto MK1 75:
Cube Capacity = 1242
Asp Valve Apertures = 7°-41°
Exhaust Valve Apertures = 43°-5°

Punto 85 MK1 16v:
Cube Capacity = 1242
Asp Valve Apertures = -2°-42°
Exhaust Valve Apertures = 26°-6°

Punto 90 MK1:
Cube Capacity = 1581
Asp Valve Apertures = 6 °-46°
Exhaust Valve Apertures = 47°-7°

Punto GT MK1:
Cube Capacity = 1372
Asp Valve Apertures = 0°-43°
Exhaust Valve Apertures = 40°-3°

Punto TD60 MK1:
Cube Capacity = 1698
Asp Valve Apertures = 4°-32°
Exhaust Valve Apertures = 32°-4°

Punto TD70 MK1:
Cube Capacity = 1698
Asp Valve Apertures = 4°-32°
Exhaust Valve Apertures = 32°-4°

Tuning of Fiat Punto/Seicento/Cinq powered by engine 1108/1242 8-valves is possible with engine camshaft from Fiat Punto Mk1 75

Punto 60 Euro3 MK2:
Cube Capacity = 1242
Asp Valve Apertures = 2°-32°
Exhaust Valve Apertures = 30°-4°

Punto 80 Euro3 MK2:
Cube Capacity = 1242
Asp Valve Apertures = 0°-32°
Exhaust Valve Apertures = 32°-0°

Tuning of Fiat Uno powered by engine 999cc fire 8-valves is possible with engine camshaft from Fiat Punto Mk1 75?

This is one old thread!

No idea which cam the 999cc engine uses. But the P75 cam is avaliable fairly cheaply -- well worth a go. All I can say for sure is that it will fit. You may be able to gain more by si8mply using a bigger throttle body -- assuming the 999 is fuel injection.

C & B might offer some advice if you can translate the request into Italian.

It´s a Uno 45s 1992, no fuel injection, carburator. I want to make it faster but my buget it´s low. I race it the uno. The only limitation is the cc and no turbo. Just a litte faster and reving. Want can I do using parts from another fiat´s? Thank you. Sorry for my english.

I'd try cam. If it's not restricted, there is a category for the 750 car club (big, prestigious clubman scene, often frequented by designers prior to and after their F1 career) which hosts a category using the 1108cc FIRE engines. See here. Somewhere on the Guy Croft site there are photos of one such engine -- with a single "split Weber" (they were popular on racing Minis) and a long, long, intake manifold.

Alternatively, if carb per cylinder is allowed, you might try bike carbs (as small as you can get -- 400cc, maybe).

Didn´t found anyting. What cam I do to make it faster? Standard 999cc, no turbo and standard carb whit a few mods? Thank you.

Not sure what cam was originally fitted: you need to know that first -- the Uno secition might know.

Columbo and Boriani do lots of cams for the FIRE engines -- but they're not cheap.

I don't know the regulations for your races -- I think you'll need carb and cam, at least.

Some more here from the Guy Croft site.

Last edited:
Tuning of Fiat Uno powered by engine 999cc fire 8-valves is possible with engine camshaft from Fiat Punto Mk1 75?

yes but the 75 cam does not have the lobe to run the fuel pump which is mechanical on the carb engine.. can be done with a low pressure electric pump and using the mechanical pump minus the shaft as a regulator..

ganhas altas mas perdes baixas (y)

Back