urgent help!

Currently reading:
urgent help!

S

Spyder

My gearbox has gone bang so I now need a replacement gearbox. The car in question is a Fiat Marea Weekend 20v on 'W' plate(2000), anyone no where I can get one let me no.
If anyone no's if a 6speed box from Coupe turbo will fit then may consider this aswell.
ALL HELP GREATLY RECEIVED.
Thanks!!

Gearbox

I heard Avanti Motorsport always have this kinda parts. Why not give them a shout?

Cheers.

out of interest

What caused this ?
I havn't heard of anyones Bravo/Brava or Marea gearbox go bang before - is this something common ?

Re: out of interest

HI,

PROBABLY YOU CAN GET SOME IDEA FROM THIS SITE.

I GOT MY TRANSMISSION KITS FROM THIS COMPANY & U CAN ASK THE CHAP HERE WHAT GEARBOX CAN BE SUBSTITUTED WITH YOUR MAREA.

http://www.transtec.com/

CHEERS

Re: Re: out of interest

Roughly 6 months ago an idiot driver cut me up on a motorway slip road, in order to avoid hitting him I was forced to clip the side of the of the road, the raised portion like on the side of the pavement,this caused the car to bounce about 3 feet high and decend with heavy impact, the car was some 2 inches lower on driver side(impact side). Limped car to the garage where it was found the shocker was bent like a banana but no other evident damage.
However shortly after the clutch went bang, found the clutch had a sizable crack across entire unit. Now the differential has destroyed the outer casing, initial assesment is replacement gearbox but will find out tommorow what is what.
The synopsis is that the side impact between wall and carriage way has been transfered across the drive shaft and into gearbox,clutch and housing, one after another each has failed big style.
Don't beleive it's weakness in the boxes just amazingly unlucky.
To date the repairs excluding this one is in the region of £1,000
cheers for help lads.