New 1.3 multijet 90bhp engine

Currently reading:
New 1.3 multijet 90bhp engine

JTD Monkey

As promised in earlier threads, the 1.3 90bhp multijet is on it's way as a more powerful option for the new Punto (along with the current 70bhp unit) and as an entry (I suspect) to the Stilo range. I doubt the Panda will get it though...

Anyway, it's first application is in the Vauxhall Astra (General Motors, Vauxhall's parent company, buy Fiat/ Alfa diesels in a deal that harks back to the recently termintated collaboration work) and I enclose a link to a test undertaken by MSN. Doesn't obviously give an indication of a Fiat car, but does give an indication of how the engine performs in an Astra which weighs roughly the same as a Stilo. The Punto will be quicker because of it's lower weight.

MSN Test of Astra 1.3CDTi 16v

I thought they were co-developed, but that Fiat were the only company actually building them (for Fiat, GM and Suzuki). GM are due to be getting a plant to produce them as well before long. It's got to have helped Fiat by selling the engines they've built at some kind of profit.

I wonder what else the 90bhp version will make its way into? Corsa, Tigra...

bloomfieldliam said:
Almost positive a Panda at my local stealership had a Multijet badge on it and that was two weeks ago.

Liam

It's the 70bhp version in the Panda. The engine on test in the Astra is the 90bhp version ;)

JTD Monkey said:
It's the 70bhp version in the Panda. The engine on test in the Astra is the 90bhp version ;)

I see, didn't know there was two versions, the Panda could benefit from this especially the 4x4.

Liam

Back