General Hand Brake

Currently reading:
General Hand Brake

BON

HI all,
I have a small problem I wonder if you can help me with, recently my handbrake light keeps on coming on when the handbrake is off, and it seems to be affected by the accelerator pedal. Has anyone had any experience of this before and if so how did you remedy it?

Cheers.

Hi.
Don't worry, the handbrake light shut-off button is fitted centrally under the handle. The more the handle is used, the further it bends to the right.
If it REALLY bothers you... after you have released the handbrake; shove it over to the left ... this will hit the button and turn the light out.
Alternatively, remove the bulb ... you can tell when your 'brake's working. You don't NEED a light bulb to back you up !! :)

Asbo has this problem but it's cause his cables are slack and the lever lifts slightly off the floor so check incase you've a lot of travel on the handbrake as well

(I could fix it but he's an auto so don't really need the hbrake on hills and I leave him in park the rest of the time)

It's on the 'to do' list (about number 117)

jim

BON said:
HI all,
I have a small problem I wonder if you can help me with, recently my handbrake light keeps on coming on when the handbrake is off, and it seems to be affected by the accelerator pedal. Has anyone had any experience of this before and if so how did you remedy it?

Cheers.
Check your brake fluid level

that warning light does both jobs.

Thanks everyone I will check it over tomorrow.

it was my brake fluid a month back when mine kept coming on when i turned 'swiftly' through corners

pandafan said:
So Jim,
How are your brakes ? :confused:

Everythings good in the world of brakes and pandas.... the only thing with the white one was that one of the clips that holds the brake line on had rusted thou but hay, when mastercard don't work there's always cableties! :D

Asbo's handbrake was just in need of tightening up underneath.. The two locking nuts had seperated and were gently spinning down the handbrake adjuster by themselves (why is it all things on pandas always want to make a break for it??? Do they not get on with the other parts???? :D )

Jim

Back