Technical Punto 75SX -95(mk1) cutting out.

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 75SX -95(mk1) cutting out.

joel

Hi guys and gals.

Back with a new problem :), seems they are neverending.

When starting my punto it starts all right, can drive it for a couple of hundreds meters, but when I stop to start again (with the engine running) to wait at red light or something the car starts the shutter and then die. If I start it, it goes up to about 300-500rpm and "cough" until it dies. And I cant get it to move until it been turned of for a while. There is no engine management light before it dies.

Reading through the forum iginition coil seems very usual, but would it really produce this problem? The ECU? Im in vacation currently and is supposed to take the car back to where I live in a week, and all the garage here is on vacation, so hopefully its something easy I can fix myself :)

I changed HTleads a year ago, and plugs where changed 6 months ago at service.

Cheers!

kinda sounds like a fueling problem to me, if a coils gone it will run rough all the time and struggle to gain revs so i dont think its that.

I got ahold of a mechanic on vacation and he thought just the same. A blocked fuelfilter was his guess. So I have put two bottles of STP in the fueltank and one bottle of "k-sprit" which is for removing water (dunno the english name). And it seems to have made some improvement. The car is running OK at the moment, not great but good enough to take it home.

Im a bit late for 90.000KM service, which include new fuelfilter so I hope everything will work out.

Thanks.

Back