General New (Turkish) Bravo

Currently reading:
General New (Turkish) Bravo

PROV

From Autonews Europe. It appears there will be a new Bravo and that it will be built in Turkey. (They have the factory of the current Bravo wrong however)!

ISTANBUL -- Fiat's Turkish joint venture, Tofas, will invest $1 billion to produce a compact car family that will replace the Bravo in Europe.
Tofas today said it will produce three new cars starting in 2016, mainly for export, without naming the models.
Automotive News Europe sources say the cars will be a family of compact models comprising a hatchback, sedan and station wagon. The hatchback will replace the Bravo and the sedan variant will replace the Linea that is currently sold only in central and eastern Europe and Turkey. Fiat has been without a compact wagon since the Stilo Multiwagon was discontinued in 2008.
Tofas said last year that it will spend $520 million to build 580,000 units of a new sedan model. It said today that it would also build new hatchback and station wagon models - 700,000 units in total - bringing its overall investment to $1 billion.
The investment will begin this year and production will run from 2016 to 2023, Tofas said in a filing with the bourse.
"A significant portion of the total units are slated for export. Talks with the Fiat Group Automobiles on the details for the conditions of investment, sales and procurement are in the final stage," it said in a statement.
Fiat ended Bravo production at its plant in Melfi, Italy, in July. The factory now builds the new Fiat 500X and Jeep Renegade subcompact SUVs.
European sales of the aging Bravo have slumped, falling by 59 percent to 3,078 units in the first nine months, according to JATO Dynamics market researchers.
The three new models will be underpinned by Fiat Chrysler's small US wide architecture first used for the Fiat 500L small minivan. The architecture also underpins the Renegade and 500X small SUV with the addition of a four-wheel-drive option.
Tofas's plant in Bursa, Turkey, builds the Linea and car-derived vans - the Doblo and Fiorino for Fiat, as well as the Citroen Nemo, Peugeot Bipper and Opel/Vauxhall Combo, according to Automotive News Europe's Guide to European Assembly Plants.
Export hub
Turkey has Europe's fifth-biggest auto industry. Total production is expected to hit a record 1.25 million units this year, the Automotive Manufacturers' Association said in July. The country's geographical position between Asia and Europe and relatively cheap labor costs have encouraged global carmakers to shift some of their production here.
Automotive sales account for 14 percent of Turkey's overall exports. The country exported 828,000 vehicles worth $21.5 billion last year, with European markets accounting for 70 percent of that total.

if it's for europe then it's gonna be a stupidly ugly family car (AKA a car that women will like) with the number 500 and a few random letters.

These days, I'm liking the stuff fiat does in 3rd world countries better.

I don't think they will go the 500 route again. They have the 500, 500c, 500 Abarh, 500L and 500x

I don't see a 500 family hatchback being worthy. It will just take sales away from the L And X range.

New fiat Bravo replacement would be bloody lovely though, I'd be first in line for a test drive.

Anyone know anything about Fiats next range of Petrol Turbo's? Multiair has been going for a while now. Much longer than T-jet I believe. I hope they give us a monster

Similar to the 1.6t you get in the Astra GTC's 197BHP

Back