General ECU Re-map

Currently reading:
General ECU Re-map

FJRrider

Hi, first time I've posted on this forum.

Have a 2008 1.9 multi-jet 120 and due to ongoing problems with the DPF my garage has resorted to reprogramming the ECU so that it no longer recognises the DPF. This has cured the problem I had.

However, I've gained some performance. Apparently it now pushes out something like 160 brakes and 200 torques and the bonus of a 15% increase in mpg. Having driven it for the last 2 days since picking it up it's certainly quicker and the 15% mpg seems easily achieved.

Has anybody else had this done and, if so, what problems have been encountered? Are any other modifications needed to cope with the extra power?

Thanks.

I imagine they have removed the offending rotten tooth that is a DPF.

Mine was stolen! Good luck to the fool who took it I say (y)

I also needed a re-map as it tried to regenerate even thought there was no DPF, so it was simply hosing fuel down the pipe and creating clouds of the very pollution it was meant to prevent :rolleyes:

Anyway, I had a mate give mine maximum power, so it's around the 180bhp mark and it is fearsome!

I replaced the DMF and clutch as they were on their last legs, but the extra power twisted up the driveshafts and caused a shimmy while driving which annoyed the be-jeezus out of me :bang:

Wet weather is havoc as you cannot use the power as all that happens is wheelspin, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and in some cases, 4th :p

Other than that, the upside is beating VAG drivers :slayer: and laughing at them pointedly :D

This clown in a Laguna thought he'd undertake me tonight, but he got the shock of his life when I pee'd all over him and took off along the dual carriageway leaving him in my spray :devil:

So, 10 days into the re-map and -

Confirm 15% fuel improvement, noticeable improvement in performance and suspect it will reach 3 figures quite easily. However, I can't say how much quicker it is as any attempt to use the increase in power is met with clutch slip. Could do with traction control when its raining as I get wheel spin in third (until the clutch decides it can't cope and spins up - which acts a bit like traction control!). Oh, and it smokes on acceleration.

It's the original clutch and has done 135K, has juddered a bit on take up for the last year, so it's probably on its last legs anyway. Will have to save up to pay for a new clutch and then see what it will really do.

Back