Technical Smoking Doblo?

Currently reading:
Technical Smoking Doblo?

Robgold123

Hi all ,i got a 05 doblo 1.9 jtd a month or so ago with (presumably) a blown turbo ,plumes of smoke out the back when i started it up ,and then the engine ran away on me for around a minute then died,i fired it up again to check how it held up and it seemed to run ok.Pulled the turbo off , it was shagged .replaced the core ,cleaned out i/c pipes and i/c got a few doses of petrol through it ,pulled off egr and blanked it ,was full of oily **** ,also the inlet manifol was full of **** as well so cleaned that as much as i could while still on the engine with inlet cleaner /a rag /and a bottle cleaner...fired it up and it smoked like hell which i assumed it would until all the oil in the system was burnt ,just been on a 30 mile drive and if anything it seems worse than it was.no smoke on idle but 2nd gear holding 2500rpm you can see it ,and if you stab the gas after holding the revs at 2500 a big plume comes out..not so bad on hard acceleration..dash is saying 32.7mpg ,do i take the inlet off and clean it completely?try do valve stem seals inplace?or sounding like the engines shagged? it has done 150k so may well be worn out..any info on a next step would be helpfull .cheers

no engine lights come up ,and apart from being a little on the noisey side it seems to run ok.

Ok looking to transplant engine with a low mileage stilo jtd.Anyone done the swap?will it plug in to my doblo or will i be swapping everything off the doblo onto the stilo block

Back