General new bulbs flashing

Currently reading:
General new bulbs flashing

jamiet1992

Hi all

Just bought some new sidelight bulbs and when i put them in they flash even tho the lights arnt actually turned on! Although when i put one new bulb in and left the old one in the other side, it worked perfectly and didnt flash, it was just a solid light!

Im not to clever with the electric side of things but does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance

So what do i do if the wattage is too high?
Thanks for your reply charlie

The body computer is checking to see if the lights are working, so it knows to display a bulb out warning.
The system doesn't know how to detect LED's so you'll have to fool it with a resistor.
If my old elctronics maths still works, a 5w side light bulb pulls about 30 Ohms

Usually on ebay or wherever you get them from you can buy ones with built in resistors. Usually you'll see a reference to canbus OK

Thanks for your replies fellas! So the canbus error free bulbs? Is that what you mean?

Ive tried several canbus error free ones of ebay. All of them still give error.:rolleyes:

item
on the bay
take old bulb out plug in resistor and plug led bulb into socket end of resistors.

Last edited:
So one end plugs into where the sidelight is now? And the other end, i put the new led bulb in? Sorry to sound stupid, just wanna make sure

Back