General New Red Lounge

Currently reading:
General New Red Lounge

jazzster500

Put order in on Sunday 7th Sept for 500 1.2 Lounge Pasodoble red, Auto climate, 7" TFT screen, Rear Parking Sensor and Dualogic. told up to 12 Week wait. but rang me Monday to say they have one built will be on the the road in 2 weeks all being well. This will be my first fiat so hope it prove reliable. Interior will be black with red piping on seats
smile.gif

Suggest when you get it you read the Dualogic Forums as they helped me a lot

Suggest when you get it you read the Dualogic Forums as they helped me a lot

My girlfriend has a Punto dualogic and my car was a Honda Jazz Ishift which is similar, but the jazz does creep with foot off the brake and has hill hold but that only worked on big slopes.

Put order in on Sunday 7th Sept for 500 1.2 Lounge Pasodoble red, Auto climate, 7" TFT screen, Rear Parking Sensor and Dualogic. told up to 12 Week wait. but rang me Monday to say they have one built will be on the the road in 2 weeks all being well. This will be my first fiat so hope it prove reliable. Interior will be black with red piping on seats
smile.gif

3 500's with Dualogic since 2010 between me and my OH. No issues at all on the driving front, except one gitch: My OH had to take one if hers in to have the Gearbox Communication Unit replaced under warranty as car kept going into Neutral whilst driving. Easily resolved by dealer. But a bit scary when it happened on dual carriageway at 70mph in outside lane.

I have had my 500 for just over 3 months, just got 1521 miles done so far it has averaged 39.3 MPG, little disappointed with this, I know that its not run in yet but last car did this with larger engine and heavier car, maybe it will improve.
Dualogic gearbox seems to work pretty well, just a few odd changes but not much different than other cars with that type of gearbox.

7" TFT glad I had this option, find it clear to read and good info. the eco mode for the dualogic has no display to indicate that its switched on, from the instructions it should display the eco display on the right hand side but this is always on with the 1.2 I believe it shows turbo boost on the twinair , old display just puts a E next to the auto display. The display dims with lights on although could be a little darker, is bright in daylight for most ligh mayb not direct sunlight

Climate seems to work reasonably well although not had any hot weather to try.
Engine ok 69BHP, I don't expect it to be like a rocket but last car was 100BHP but had little torque in low revs so 500 seems to be quick nippy as it pulls so much better in low revs.

Seating is ok but not impressed with height adjustment as it just gets a gap in the bottom at the back of the seat making it un-comfy , which means I have the seat higher and get the interior mirror in my vision.

glovebox why miss that out?
Bluetooth I little hit and miss. poor that I does not work with message reader with most phones although a app sorted this to some extent.
USB poorly implemented with Bluetooth, menu very hard to pick tracks artist without messing with loads of menus, cd works better on MP3 with folder skip etc.

I Know it seems that I am moaning about a few things but they are just minor things. I am happy with the car, mpg is not worse than last car but I am saving on tax and insurance and it may improve plus weather is cold so not helping, handling is ok, like the looks outside and style of the interior is loads better than last car, do wish that it was a 5 door just because the big door make it hard to get out in smaller spaces and dog could go in the back easier, she sits on front seat instead as its easier.

Girlfriend has one also, just happens to be same colour and model as mine but 4 years old with just 19000 miles, but has leather, auto dim mirror upgraded lights and opening sunroof. she had problem with boot not opening but thanks to here, it was the micro switch stuck I sorted it today, she had been looking for one for ages with dualogic and I just saw a advert by chance

Back