Technical Brake fluid change

Currently reading:
Technical Brake fluid change

hogan7777

I am about to change the brake fluid on a Ducato X250 2007 with ABS and ASL .
I have read about not pushing the pedal all the way down but is there anything else I should be aware of.
Thank you.

Make sure you keep the master cylinder reservoir well topped up to prevent the possibility of any air getting anywhere near the ABS pump.
I used a suction (reverse bleed) kit on the wheel cylinder brake nipples and is easier than pumping the pedal all the time (and you can do it on your own).
I found that a couple of the front dual piston cylinders had gunged up bleed nipples and needed removing and drilling out but ended up stripping down the calipers to clean out the rubbish and free up the pistons.
I used a couple of litres of brake fluid before there was a noticeable colour change in the fluid.
Have heard of people letting gravity do the job and leave the brake nipples open until it runs clean but takes a while.
Got a good firm pedal after using the reverse bleed kit and you can clearly see when all the air is expelled.
Good luck and don't get the brake fluid near the paintwork - makes good paint stripper!

Back