General What's your favourite thing about your 500L?

Currently reading:
General What's your favourite thing about your 500L?

Pandabloke

Just call me Panda!
Ok. When I was looking for a new car, I looked at a number of cars that were a similar size to the 500L and in a similar price range. I needed a small to medium sized car for daily personal use that was also to be used for occaisional chauffeuring duties. The main reason I went with the 500L over similar competitors is of because of the great rear leg room. This may be due to the sliding rear seat?

The Kia Soul was the closest, but nothing else in its class seemed to come near with regard to rear legroom. (y)

What's your favourite thing about yours?

Ok. When I was looking for a new car, I looked at a number of cars that were a similar size to the 500L and in a similar price range. I needed a small to medium sized car for daily personal use that was also to be used for occaisional chauffeuring duties. The main reason I went with the 500L over similar competitors is of because of the great rear leg room. This may be due to the sliding rear seat?

The Kia Soul was the closest, but nothing else in its class seemed to come near with regard to rear legroom. (y)

What's your favourite thing about yours?

Lots (and in no particular order)

Cargo magic boot space
12V socket in the boot
The numerous ways the rear seats can be configured
Yes rear leg room
Available storage including the air conditioned top glove box compartment
'High up' driving position
The hand brake lever
The size of the outside mirrors
A general feeling of 'airiness' inside the cabin

The 'adaptable' stereo is quite fun too, the way you can plug all sorts of things in to it through the Aux socket and USB connection. This may be normal in all modern cars, but it is the first time I've had something like that to play with. I love plugging the Macbook in to it and having surround sound when I watch a film.

I should have gone for the digital radio option though - school-boy error on my part. :D

Spacious and light with the glass roof.
Individual and cool looking.
Good performance and MPG from Twin Air.
Every piece of kit you could ever want.
High driving position with great visibility.
Good price compared to similar spec from the competition.
Tardis - small looking but much bigger inside than you would imagine.

Favourite is probably the visibility and high driving position. The pillar windows are great.

Last edited:
The 'adaptable' stereo is quite fun too, the way you can plug all sorts of things in to it through the Aux socket and USB connection. This may be normal in all modern cars, but it is the first time I've had something like that to play with. I love plugging the Macbook in to it and having surround sound when I watch a film.

I should have gone for the digital radio option though - school-boy error on my part. :D

You have reminded me of one other thing I like and that is the ability to stream music from mu iPhone to the stereo using Bluetooth. I can listen wirelessly to all my music AND using the TuneIn App. on the phone listen to radio stations from all over the world.

Leg and height room was the biggest issue for me here with having 2 growing kids.

12v rear socket - would have been handy to have but not on the neweer models
Hands free calling and the streaming option ( amazed it works on iPhone with Bluetooth as not much else does )

Most of you have pretty much covered everything else :)

Reactions: MJG
Mine is a 500L Trekking 1.3 diesel Auto. It's funky and different to the company cars I regularly drive. Honestly, that's about it, and for that reason I wouldn't have bought the standard 500L.

The other car in the frame for us was the Renault Scenic 1.5dci Auto which is cheaper, faster, handles better, is at least as economical, and has a couple of useful extras (electronic handbrake & folding mirrors) not on my Trekking. Oh, and importantly for me has an accurate cruise control that stays + /- 2kmh, unlike the Trek which swings +/-8km.. (n).But the Trek (I don't name cars) makes me smile and it's rarity makes the wife happy! :cool:

Back