General Dashboard bulbs

Currently reading:
General Dashboard bulbs

SpaceBird

Hi there,
Have to replace some dash bulbs. Tipo 1.4 1995.
It is the small glassocket type T5. Cannot read anything on the originals...
I can buy them in 1.2w, 2.0w and 2.3w.
I think it is 1.2watt? Anybody has any idea what is the original one? and if I can safely use 2.3w or are these getting to hot? :eek:
Thanks in advance for the help!

ok!, Thanks!
Led I tried before on my Tipo DGT.That was a big disaster for to many reasons...

Last edited:
I've got at least 20 spare dash bulbs if you need some for free, at postage cost only.

Thanks! for the offer but I already ordered 20 new pieces for €0.40 eurocent a piece. I ordered 10x 1.2w and 10x 2.0watt just to see whats the difference ...

Last edited:
Thanks! for the offer but I already ordered 20 new pieces for €0.40 eurocent a piece. I ordered 10x 1.2w and 10x 2.0watt just to see whats the difference ...

Let us know how you get on with the 2,0w bulbs ..I hear what your saying ..dash hardly visible at night ..maybe its a bit of old age creeping in ..me not the car ..!!!

I recently replaced all the bulbs, about 20 pieces for 12v 2.0w
(my old DGT had 39 bulbs!)
It looks much better at night, especially when I found out that there are 2 "hidden" bulbs which normally you look over them, if you do not know you'll miss them like me and have to take the dashboard out again...
-
Some tips; The electrical wire plugs can be stuck like hell.
Take great care removing them. Don't forget to pull back your speedometer cable (from engine compartment) when you are finished otherwise you may have a vibration on the speedometer needle.

Attachments

• Dashboard a.kant div (5).jpg
    Dashboard a.kant div (5).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • Dashboard a.kant lipje naar boven!.jpg
    Dashboard a.kant lipje naar boven!.jpg
    924.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Dashboard lampjes verborgen....jpg
    Dashboard lampjes verborgen....jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
edit: When removing the wire connectors from the dashboard, push / hold the printed circuit met one hand tight to the dashboard and with your other hand remove the connector.
If you do not so, you will end up with a loose connector which has still the printed circuit attached to it.....
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

Tip: Before I put the dash back I tested if all the bulbs were working. Just put 12v on the printed circuit "around" the bulbs plus and minus.

Last edited:
Why not LEDs? I was planning to buy them for my Tipo

The only led's you can put in is hand glove compartment, The roof panel light and the trunk light.....
Believe me, I'd tried them all, reverse light, Taillights, Headlamps, with canbus and without canbus (checkpanel!) etc., and I strongly advise you not to spent any money on it...
(I allreay did...., it's a waste of time and money! :(:(:(
-
edit: some pictures attached: Led panel for a few euro's, I have them in green, red and blue. The reading lamp light is white, the interior light is blue (at the moment.....
In the trunk I also put a white rectangular led panel r.h.s. and left I replaced the original bulb for a bright white led one and of course also a new led in the hand glove compartment. I like to see the light! :)

Attachments

• Ledpanel interieur verlichting (1).jpg
    Ledpanel interieur verlichting (1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • Ledpanel interieur verlichting (2).jpg
    Ledpanel interieur verlichting (2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • Ledpanel interieur verlichting (3).jpg
    Ledpanel interieur verlichting (3).jpg
    966.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Ledpanel interieur verlichting (4).jpg
    Ledpanel interieur verlichting (4).jpg