Technical any free way to remove the CODE system from an ECU?

Currently reading:
Technical any free way to remove the CODE system from an ECU?

hey there. i am totally out of money for the fallout project. this is the only thorn in my side now.

i have the original engines ECU and red key, but i had no CODE box or ignition key aerial.

i have liberated one from off a 1.1 punto only to find out that all 3 (ECU, code box and key) have to be a matching set! what a pain in the arse!

so my question is, is there any free way to remove this from the ECU? i completely refuse to have some guy plug his laptop into it and charge £200+ to uncheck a box in a list!

does anybody know of any software i can "acquire" which can do it?
i will be getting hold of a 3 pin to OBD adaptor when i sell enough things to afford it.

not much call for panda parts in this section so i wont bother asking if anybody wants to buy something from me.

i do have a p75 gearbox and drive axles though...

ok been trying different programs one program tells me i have to program "68hc11f1"

giving a quick google tells me that it is the chip inside the ECU. so it looks like i need to remove the chip and re-program it.

if i can make a COM or USB interface for this chip, ill find a program to save the chips's current programmed information and then try to edit out the CODE system.

will update this a bit later on.

this looks like it is a dead end. the board/interface needed to get the chip talking to the computer costs about as much as it would to buy a ECU code box and key.

looking around i cant find a schematic of the board/interface anywhere.

i am getting to the point where i am going to stick the ECU on top of the tesla coil, crank it right up and see if that removes the immobiliser.
ill then just stick a big carb on the engine and a distributor. who needs an ecu anyway.

stay tuned on youtube folks. ill show you how to remove an immobiliser. the high voltage way.

I can do an immo free chip for P75 ECU. PM me, but the story is not so much different than what you have said about spending 200 on unchecking a box ;) (it's not 200 though).
dave, Re. MPI ECU, pm me to discuss.

Oh I see. Just to clarify, by MPI I read proper MPI as in IAW 4AF. P75 is also MPI, but not this kind of MPI, and this is answered above.

You mean like permanent immo free? It is possible for sure, but pointless for a Flash based ECU. Updating the program requires physical access to the ECU, so equally well its EEPROM can be virginised, code box removed, and the result is the same as code free ECU.

hmm if i go down the route of 1.1 ECU i would have to find a car and pay for the whole kit. that would be about £50 from my scrap yard.

the p75 ecu i have can be done.. i have programs here that will edit a "downloaded" dump of the chip. then you just re-flash the chip with the new dump and thus becomes unimmobilised.

i have like 3 programs that can do it. i just need the schematics to make the interface that connects the chip to the computer so i can read the chip and make a dump of the chip's EPROM on my computers hard drive.

Last edited:
Back