Off Topic Restarting the Members Car Count

Currently reading:
Off Topic Restarting the Members Car Count

There so seem to be a lot of people who pop up, look all enthusiastic , then sell and/or vanish again almost immediately.

On that basis it would be a good idea to delete anything which is out of date - how easy is it to pm all the people on the list & collate a new one?

I move that homeward gets the casting vote if he's going to do all the work potentially. (y)

By the way, Panto hasn't quite got onto my list - maybe if he's added, he will consider this home & arrive shortly. :)

Ideally, it would be good to have a locked sticky that only ever has one post -- or a normal (unlocked) one where the membership list is confined to the first post: and people can comment, and let us know they've got (another) Panda in the succeeding posts, as per a normal thread. :idea:

The current set-up is cumbersome (especially in its repetition); and, although it works well (simply and easily) with people letting me know when they acquire a Panda (as recent activity has shown); as Palio says, they're not quite so efficient when they bugger off...! :rolleyes:

The problem with such a set-up is that it needs moderator-level access to keep editing that first post; and, although -- because I'm part of the Events Teams (because I set up Midlands Italia) -- I can PM up to 150 people at a time (i.e. take care of the admin side -- although I already have issues with keeping the size of my mailbox down (oo-er)), I can imagine it's going to be hell keeping tabs on everyone -- even as, say, an annual exercise: where I give you a month to confirm that you still own the car(s). And -- of course -- I'm not a mod! :eek:

Another issue is that it seems a bit of overkill to PM everyone: when some members are highly active on here, and actively document the work on their cars. But I see no way around this. The main question, therefore -- apart from me being willing to take on the grief that comes with this (and I was seriously thinking of passing on my MI responsibilities, because of my health) -- is everyone's willingness to respond to an annual audit (although I haven't yet got it clear in my head how I would carry that out...). :confused:

These are just thoughts, at the moment; and I'm open to suggestions as to how we take this forward.... :worship:

Ideally, it would be good to have a locked sticky that only ever has one post -- or a normal (unlocked) one where the membership list is confined to the first post: and people can comment, and let us know they've got (another) Panda in the succeeding posts, as per a normal thread. :idea:

The current set-up is cumbersome (especially in its repetition); and, although it works well (simply and easily) with people letting me know when they acquire a Panda (as recent activity has shown); as Palio says, they're not quite so efficient when they bugger off...! :rolleyes:

The problem with such a set-up is that it needs moderator-level access to keep editing that first post; and, although -- because I'm part of the Events Teams (because I set up Midlands Italia) -- I can PM up to 150 people at a time (i.e. take care of the admin side -- although I already have issues with keeping the size of my mailbox down (oo-er)), I can imagine it's going to be hell keeping tabs on everyone -- even as, say, an annual exercise: where I give you a month to confirm that you still own the car(s). And -- of course -- I'm not a mod! :eek:

Another issue is that it seems a bit of overkill to PM everyone: when some members are highly active on here, and actively document the work on their cars. But I see no way around this. The main question, therefore -- apart from me being willing to take on the grief that comes with this (and I was seriously thinking of passing on my MI responsibilities, because of my health) -- is everyone's willingness to respond to an annual audit (although I haven't yet got it clear in my head how I would carry that out...). :confused:

These are just thoughts, at the moment; and I'm open to suggestions as to how we take this forward.... :worship:

One post is much betterer if it can be done - we don't need 301 posts when only the last one is up to date. I appreciate the issues with a locked thread though!

As it's a big task why not flip it & post a message on this section saying to confirm you want to stay on the list & all up to date. Anyone who doesn't respond in a month is exterminated (or similar) on the basis they don't have the car or don't visit the section. They can always be added later - simples? :idea:

One post is much betterer if it can be done - we don't need 301 posts when only the last one is up to date. I appreciate the issues with a locked thread though!

As it's a big task why not flip it & post a message on this section saying to confirm you want to stay on the list & all up to date. Anyone who doesn't respond in a month is exterminated (or similar) on the basis they don't have the car or don't visit the section. They can always be added later - simples? :idea:

Sounds like a good plan! I was actually thinking looking at the list the other day that I havent seen posts from a lot of the members listed there. Would be nice to see an up to date and accurate current members list :)

This is a very good idea...! :worship:

Easiest way is probably to change each owner's name in the current thread into a mention (although you can't do this in numbered lists... -- I tried...), along with the warning. I would still like one post, though, rather than the repetitive mess it is, at the moment.... :rolleyes:
Freebo; Dragon Man...? :confused:

Love that people are being exterminated - an expression not used enough I feel!

Good works guys :thumbup:

Back