Does anyone offer mirrored NCD or sensible prices?

Currently reading:
Does anyone offer mirrored NCD or sensible prices?

Palio

Spirito di Panto!
Just looking for some advice on this, as I know people on here work within the insurance industry.

I'm toying with the idea of a second modern(ish) vehicle, but would need to get a decent insurance quote. The problem is that my GP Abarth EsseEsse is using my full NCD (great price around £300!!), and another car circa 2006/7 isn't going to qualify for my multi car classic policy!

I really need someone to look sensibly at my driving history, likely 1000 miles (max, probably half that) use of this car, and ideally mirror the max NCD I've earned on the main car (Classic cars don't earn NCD even though I've never claimed on a classic policy!).

A quick go compare trawl threw up quotes of around £300/£350 as it's treating me as having no NCD. Way too much IMHO for a £1500/£2000 car if I can insure Classic Panda's for £35, and a GPA for £300. :confused:

Any thoughts, offers from insurers on here to speak to me, or do I just give up & stick with the cars I've got?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, polite or otherwise. (y)

Last edited:
Some companies will let you mirror your NCD if you have both cars insured with them -- but I guess you knew that. Might be worth having a chat with the Forum's insurance schemes, and see what they can do. :chin:

Sky may also be worth trying -- see this Pistonheads thread. :cool:

Anyway: why do you need a 27th car...? And not a classic, as well.... These youngsters. I don't know what the world's coming to.... :nono:

Some companies will let you mirror your NCD if you have both cars insured with them -- but I guess you knew that. Might be worth having a chat with the Forum's insurance schemes, and see what they can do. :chin:

Sky may also be worth trying -- see this Pistonheads thread. :cool:

Anyway: why do you need a 27th car...? And not a classic, as well.... These youngsters. I don't know what the world's coming to.... :nono:

Hadn't stumbled on quote rack - thanks. (y)

Yes I think they're more likely if you have both cars with them, but that's pointless if they happen to want £600 for the Abarth.......

You should know better than to ask why someone "needs" another car! :nono: Not been called a youngster for a while though! :worship: And it's not 27........ ;)

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. a number of our schemes offer mirrored NCD discounts.
Regards,
Dan.

We can mirror ncb no problem. Please give us a call or PM me your number and we'll call you.

best,
Nick

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. a number of our schemes offer mirrored NCD discounts.
Regards,
Dan.

Thanks Nick & Dan.

Looks like things might be moving, so I'll be in touch (y)

Back